Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > Microsoft Ants > 2.1.32.2 contains NAT traversal and auto-installs Ants to Voobly direc

2.1.32.2 contains NAT traversal and auto-installs Ants to Voobly direc

Haunter

Posted 6 July 2010 - 9:24 pm
I recorded two HUGE bugs for you. ;)

Number 1: Invisible Ants.

Number 2: Combat Ant that looks like regular ant.

Others and I have also seen non-fire ants walking on fire, but I have not been quick enough to capture that yet. :)

Later. :D
Link | Reply | Quote
 _lil_ScotsMon_

Posted 6 July 2010 - 11:42 pm
joys
Link | Reply | Quote
 dAwGy

Edited 7 July 2010 - 5:25 am by dAwGy
This is the same bug I reported earlier same exactly. My thoughts are one or more players are dropping a packet. For instance regular ant gets combat power up it sends a packet to the other 3 players and one person doesn't receive it so it still sees it as a regular ant. Then the player that is a combat hits another ant and send a combat attack packet and yet the ant still looks like a regular ant. Let me know if you need any testing done. I can post 4 vooblynat.txt if needed.

All the files are there in the ants folder in the voobly directory so I don't think that's the issue. The game would not start without the .chd or .exe and that is pretty much the two files that make it work.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Haunter

Edited 7 July 2010 - 9:05 am by Haunter
I'm not sure... it seems random because we played another game and no weird stuff other than my usual lagg. But I don't really have much of an idea about this tech stuff. :O I just recorded what happened. ;)

I think it is hilarious though! rofl
Link | Reply | Quote
 dAwGy

Edited 7 July 2010 - 6:45 pm by dAwGy
+Elusive wrote:
That didn't answer my question about it failing consistently. Does it always fail the same way or is the "packet loss" random?

It is random. Sometimes it happens mid game. Sometimes it happens at the beginning when all the ants spawn and someone will not have an ant or two(Invisible). Ants never go invisible once they are seen. The bug only happens at the beginning of the game or if you hatch a new ant.

The power up, and fire bugs happen at any time.

Here is my latest example with video clip and vooblynat.txt.
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/10194
Link | Reply | Quote
 dAwGy

Edited 8 July 2010 - 5:35 am by dAwGy
Bugs are still happening. =(

http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/10250
Link | Reply | Quote
 Garbage

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:27 am
this is all very interesting.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]