Open challenge: RCB Gold

[MeT]_Soujiro_

Edited 8 May 2012 - 2:19 am by [MeT]_Soujiro_
Edit: I combined this post into a different thread.

See: http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/102803
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_TreasoN_

Posted 1 May 2012 - 5:58 pm
Freezing is because of connections, lag, no. units in game and what they're doing ie all patrolling or stationary, it's very little if at all about triggers lol............

triggers can cause game glitches, crashes, syncs.. but not freeze lol.

Also The 2011 map is fine, it's a nice map which is fair for the most part, I'd just take out gen and put back in skirm.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Edited 1 May 2012 - 7:54 pm by [MeT]_Soujiro_
2011 freezes so easily it once froze when I gave everyone double haralds on spawn... pathetic. I wouldn't say connections per se either. Connections + lag spike is what does it which doesn't necessarily have to be through your connection.

The main way I reduced freezing is by lowering the number of active triggers by things like not having taskers always on and building them in to the triggers. Even if freezing can be stopped just for one game via better triggers that's a good enough reason for me. Freezing is just gay. Some games of 2011 have frozen 10 times in a row; such a waste of time. I've never had 2012 freeze twice on me yet.

And 2012 is the way you described. Genitour is only activated through a majority vote in the first 5 mins.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 1 May 2012 - 8:12 pm
Freezing is because of connections, lag, no. units in game and what they're doing ie all patrolling or stationary, it's very little if at all about triggers lol............

triggers can cause game glitches, crashes, syncs.. but not freeze lol.

Also The 2011 map is fine, it's a nice map which is fair for the most part, I'd just take out gen and put back in skirm.

Triggers can cause freeze.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 2 May 2012 - 5:43 am
If the freezing is happening with rcb and not other maps then I would assume it is the triggers causing it. But personally I have never had my game freeze before. Perhaps mine just crashes instead, or is it actually a different thing?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Edited 2 May 2012 - 6:51 am by [MeT]_Soujiro_
I've had other maps freeze too. Most recently it was CBA Hero other than RCB Gold. When I initially revamped the triggers I had no idea whether or not it'd work but certain things were thought to be probable causes for freezing so I just did that differently (e.g. most scenarios have taskers always on). I'd have to go through the triggers to look at all I that I did but I know the two main things were: building the taskers into the triggers and revamping power-up things (e.g. setting object in area and timer conditions for mid power-up and just timer for global, and having a trigger shut off for the power-up unit until they had it and for certain units if they no longer have it the power-up trigger is shut off). Sadly in order to ensure the anti-delete functioned correctly the gaia horse tasker is always on still. =( That is, sometimes in lag the horse just stops completely so yeah.

Above when I said it froze with all double harald on spawn it actually crashed/quit out. I'm sure there's a difference but I don't know exactly what it is... I can't recall any games quitting out in multiplayer on Voobly so maybe that's the difference (i.e. single player it just crashes, multiplayer it just becomes non-responsive), but that's a total guess.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts