Help Please.

Chet

Edited 15 July 2012 - 11:49 am by Chet
Hey, whats up im back with another question, hopefully someone can actually help me this time..

1st of all, i cant DL ModPack Studio because of some installation error i get, and when i looked it up it said i was missing files or w.e., but when i DLed the files it still doesnt work so i gave up on that...

Now i just have one issue that is bugging me... In AGE (Advanced Genie Editor) for some reason my "unit list" has all the units encoded. For example, longbowmen = LNGBW . So i cant tell who is who. Not everyone is as easy to read as longbowmen btw.

If anyone has any idea of whats wrong, please help. FYI AOK HEAVEN DOES NOT HAVE THE INFO I NEED... I searched up and down the website 1000 times. Its obviously a website for ppl with some experience with editing these kinds of files for games... I have none.

;sneaky
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:03 pm
Meep
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ TD ]BF_BlackSpirit

Edited 15 July 2012 - 6:02 pm by [ TD ]BF_BlackSpirit
Ask all of this in Age of Kings Heaven Forum... here I don't think that the people know something about modding and even if they know it no one actually help you lol.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DZ]ADDY

Posted 15 July 2012 - 7:24 pm
Contact rambit or donnie
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 15 July 2012 - 7:51 pm
Ask all of this in Age of Kings Heaven Forum... here I don't think that the people know something about modding and even if they know it no one actually help you lol.

Bingo
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 16 July 2012 - 1:46 am
Quote:
1st of all, i cant DL ModPack Studio because of some installation error i get, and when i looked it up it said i was missing files or w.e., but when i DLed the files it still doesnt work so i gave up on that...
Delete it, MPS is terrible. Download this instead: [You must login to view link]
Quote:
Now i just have one issue that is bugging me... In AGE (Advanced Genie Editor) for some reason my "unit list" has all the units encoded. For example, longbowmen = LNGBW . So i cant tell who is who. Not everyone is as easy to read as longbowmen btw.

If anyone has any idea of whats wrong, please help. FYI AOK HEAVEN DOES NOT HAVE THE INFO I NEED... I searched up and down the website 1000 times. Its obviously a website for ppl with some experience with editing these kinds of files for games... I have none.
Could be a few things. Most likely you have changed what it displays by accident. Look above the unit list and click on the drop down menu, make sure language.dll is selected and not internal name. If that is not the issue then make sure you have the correct path for language.dll selected in options.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Chet

Posted 16 July 2012 - 7:36 am
Thank You BF_BlackSpirit & Rambit. I appreciate your time. Rambit, thank you for clearing up the Language.dll error, its still does not work though. I already clicked that drop down menu before, it did nothing. I think your are right about the path for the lauguage.dll files. I cant find the right folder for them. Evertime i try something new the program shuts down. I think its because i downloaded my new version of aok from some site last year. My files are in weird spots. hmmm. Thanks anyway, maybe ill figure it out.

p.s. in age, im supposed click "browse" then pick that file that says empires_px1 or whatever right?

Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 16 July 2012 - 8:07 am
If you click on the 'default aok TC' button you will see where the files will be if you installed the game to the default location. Use that as a guide to find the actual files. I suggest you move the game to the default location though.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts