Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Death Match > why u removed 1v1 and clanwar ladder for DM ?

why u removed 1v1 and clanwar ladder for DM ?

ChriSt

Posted 31 July 2012 - 5:13 am
I'm not saying you PT, I'm saying you could be tempted to pick your games, and you probably wouldn't be the only one to do this.

Reality is when pick people their games - it doesn't have much of an effect on the DM ladder because that rating is established - you can only go so high without playing good players (when rating difference is too big, you dont get pts, hence why when I play someone the in the 2000 range these days, I barely get anything, I have to play vs 2200+).

On the 1vs1 ladder ? Different ordeal, everybody is 1600 - you can rookbash 1400 noobs with 1600 ratings to 2000 rate in 1vs1 - and have a combined DM rating boosted of +400 pts. This is super ****ed and I don't need to explain why. We've had our famous MuhammadAli reaching a lovely 2000 rate in 1vs1 by playing the same 1700 dm player almost 20 straight games. (5-6 pts a game).

And no, I don't decide anything in particular, when the removal was proposed (which was when you, ali and Jidba whom are the main 3 who complained about this, were not playing), it was majorly approved to have it removed.

You want that 2k rating, earn it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 rush64

Posted 31 July 2012 - 5:18 am
i dont f care about 2k rating - i care about whats best for DM
u remember how much good 1v1s we had that days ?
ali pt was gay i admit - but jidba took that spot again.
u will always have pointhunters - and if a ladder launches new they will take the high spots for sure.
but the longer the ladder is used the lower they get after time.
ali for example had to play vs his 1700 friends to climbe the ladder up again - but alot ppl played same lvl players.
dont decide what u like most - decide whats best for DM.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChriSt

Edited 31 July 2012 - 5:46 am by ChriSt
If i understand you, you'd have no problem with overall rate not being present. Only a DM ladder + 1v1 ladder.

I'm not bothered by the 1vs1 ladder itself (though I don't actually understand why your not capable of using the deathmatch ladder to play 1vs1 because I did), I'm bothered by the combined ratings.

And forget clan ladder. There's not even 3 active clan in DM, only lone soldiers. It looks messy and nothing else.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _PunK__

Posted 31 July 2012 - 6:13 am
like i said before - evry otherlounge has overallratings - so i think dm should have aswell.
the RMers used to hate that ladders aswell when it launched - but seems like they got used to it.
u know dm is dying so think about what would happen if u relaunch the ladders.
more pointtraders and noobbashers? Yes
BUT:
-more players
-more atractive for newplayers to join the lounge.
-more good 1v1s
-more inactive players would come back
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChriSt

Posted 31 July 2012 - 6:30 am
surprise, surprise, he wants the overall ratings ;lol.

Okay, I'll be very straight forward with you - because you seems to be repeating some DM is dead mantra (which is totally false)

First of all, DM is not 'dying', you have no clue what DM being dead is. You were not there in 2006 on Gamepark or on IGZones in 2007. We were lucky to even have 50 players in the DM Lobby.

There is also a lot more good players now than before.

3rd: Other than making unneeded topics which most of the time becomes drama (on AoCZone, or here), what are YOU doing exactly ? Because I'm hosting tourneys, I'm getting us a brand new community website (literally AoCZone 2.0), I'm doing the DM complaints, I'm trying to poach players from China or Gameranger. All I see is you question everything I do - for any reasons that comes through your mind.

Do you have a plan for DM ? I do, and my plan isn't hosting rooms with the title 'dm is dead', spamming the lobby chat with 'DM is dead, i'll move to RM, i'll become 2k at rm'. My plan isn't to create drama topics on AoCZone (by the way, I never played you on honda's names - I got better things to do)

Link | Reply | Quote
 _PunK__

Edited 31 July 2012 - 6:48 am by _PunK__
ofcourse i want the overallrating - bc of the reasons i named u.
i dont question anything u do - but deleting the other ladders was wrong decision imo.
and what i do for dm ?
well i made honda disapear for the start - way less trashtalks now in lobby ;yahoo
and heres one suggestion that could finally stop the "inflated ratings" (they even exist with only 1 ladder used)
dont let ppl have 20+ smurf ids.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]awesome86

Posted 31 July 2012 - 7:25 am
YES I LIKE DM ONLY AOE1 DM THOUGHT JUST KEEP THE AOE1 ONE
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Posted 29 April 2013 - 4:17 pm
Barely any of the players that posted in this topic play online regularly.

DM will soon have some refreshing news like RM & CS.

The Deathmatch ladder will cease to exist, but will remain part of a hall of fame, so everyone can log on and see all Jidba's nicknames in the top 20.

There will be a new DM 1v1 Ladder and DM Team Game Ladder. There will be an Overall Ladder, but this is something that the RM community has got to grips with and works there fine. There is a wide range of games available in RM, 1v1 & Team Games.

However, clan ladders will not be brought into DM, as there is no "clan community" within Deathmatch unlike RM and CS.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 23 out of 23 posts