The Bugfix

Poll: Should Voobly Implement the Bugfix into the AoM:TT Lobby?
Yes
No
 IamAvely

Posted 6 September 2012 - 6:55 pm
So fix that then, and don't remove the possibility of smart play.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Posted 6 September 2012 - 6:57 pm
Why would you think that I removed that possibility?
Test the fanpatch. You can still run away.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Posted 7 September 2012 - 12:53 pm
Okay, I want an official voobly response for this, or the bugfix part of the donation goes poof.
I hope that was clear.
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Edited 7 September 2012 - 3:57 pm by AoL_Iron_maiden
what exactly are you talking about, naka?
the 3 of us are supposed to be doing stuff like this.... Why do you think we made an official poll here on the Voobly forum, instead just another one on rtssanc?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Posted 7 September 2012 - 8:58 pm
Well, as stated in the fanpatch document, which was made for the voobly staff, and hasn't gotten any sort of comment, there would be a "thank you" donation, if the bugfix gets implemented.
I want to know who I'm dealing with, I want to be kept up to date, and I want to inform my partners on the progress.
I'm trying to talk business here, and I expect the same from voobly. That's all.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Bo0T]ll_Lucifer_ll

Posted 7 September 2012 - 9:05 pm
Okay, I want an official voobly response for this, or the bugfix part of the donation goes poof.
I hope that was clear.

You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 8 September 2012 - 12:27 am
you're dealing with mail. Voobly was basically created predominately for aoc/aok. most of the higher up staff (admins and such) are aoc guys, so these other games that Voobly provides (aom/aoe3/wc3/r6 etcetc) use the game-specific mods to handle things directly.
Mail has copy/pasted many of your pm's in the various staff forum threads here and the 3 of us are working on things like the fan patch/decay/rating system etc.

If you feel you aren't sufficiently being kept 'in the loop', take it up with mail, don't jump straight to "the donation will go poof".
ex: at work, if a person is requesting vacation time, they don't go straight to the CEO of the company.... they speak with their manager or supervisor or whoever because that's what their job is to do. chrono, mail and i are the supervisors and we're hired to work directly with aom/aot specific shtuff
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Posted 8 September 2012 - 4:22 pm
Not even that part has been made clear to me.
Anyways, the team still didn't get what we asked for. A proper reply.
A month has passed between completion of the bugfix patch and the creation of this poll.
I don't even see why it would require a poll to implement this in the bugfix lobby, which was provided to support the fanpatch.
What's going on, guys? The vote count isn't rising on either side.
Voobly would get paid for work that has been in 90% done by me, and let's not forget that the patch would benefit the community in the long run, as it opens up opportunities for the balance patch that is being created as we speak.
For now, the team and I are perfectly going to be satisfied if this gets done for the fanpatch lobby only.
Again, I'd like to point out that that lobby was created to support the fanpatch, so in my honest opinion, a poll for that is not required. Once fully official implementation is on the line ? - yes.
But that is not what I'm requesting here, since the III tribes project has it's priority, and the fanpatch isn't complete anyways.
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 8 September 2012 - 10:44 pm
like i said, take it up with boit.
i'd love to continue on with this, but you've been communicating with him thus far, so you need to continue to do so since he knows what you guys have already said/not said.

all i can say is that we're working on it, dude. there are many games that Voobly supports, people are busy ^^.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Posted 9 September 2012 - 10:16 am
Ok I'm glad we could come to an understanding lol. I think everything is clear now.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]__eT__

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:27 am
Ok I'm glad we could come to an understanding lol. I think everything is clear now.

Well i hope you got a response already :) the patch is supported now.
and its really hard to get a proper formal response from torm ( voobly dev ). hes been busy for a long while and believe me one of the very 1st things he made when he got back was the fanpack mod.

we are your best shot at ur communication with him ( we barely can get a hold of him ourselves )
Link | Reply | Quote
 mamahuevos

Posted 20 November 2013 - 2:07 am
can anyone help me? i cant see players online
i have this announce
<Voobly> Please use this lobby for testing the Current Bugfix patch. Download : [You must login to view link]
but the link is dead and i cant download
i had a ban like 3 days and have a few hours of playing but know my rating has been reseted and i cant play, i just wanna play :P

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 27 out of 27 posts