RCB Gold Updates

Poll: Am I an idiot for editing this again (probably)
1) Yes
2) No
3) You crazy
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 15 October 2012 - 3:50 pm by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
So this is ready to be rated. Tested it 10 or so times in addition to the vigorous in depth testing of 2012 prior and looking over the triggers as I do them.

People generally seem to like this version and have gotten very few complaints compared to 2012. I really screwed up certain aspects of that one. I'm going to quit checking the forums/playing for a couple months again until I'm done with this semester. Only came back because some guy's complaints about 2011 sparked my enthusiasm again. Hopefully it's rated by then Donnie and Donnie's pet giraffe.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:14 pm
"waahhh wahh the community upset me so i'm never going to make a map again and i'll stop posting here wahhh"

wait, wut?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 18 October 2012 - 7:20 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
"waahhh wahh the community upset me so i'm never going to make a map again and i'll stop posting here wahhh"

wait, wut?

Checked back briefly because I figured you'd shoot your mouth off like the whelp you are.

The community has never upset me winner. I've only had an issue with Donnie, Rambit and a couple other mods prior(edit: and you I guess because you are quite hilarious due to your attitude,style/what have you), which was mainly due to impatience but I still think it's stupid that any map as long as it's fair, competitive, and tested can't be in the map pack. I never said I was never going to make a map again or that I'll stop posting here because of that.

When I left last time I gave no reason and just posted this:
"To all who're curious I'm giving Voobly up for the summer and possibly the Fall too until after I graduate and find a job. Maybe after that if people are still playing I'll come back. See my sig about RCB." Posted on the wall in my profile: 23 May 2012 - 12:50 am

I did give it up playing for the summer and nearly half the fall. I did continue to check the forums and only commented when they did some simple edits to CBA Hero which could've been done months ago.

Again after I commented and yeah I'll give it to you I slightly freaked out because they are indeed pathetic at maintaining the map pack and yeah it was stupid to suggest possible last post because the game is fun to play at times when there isn't any lag, it doesn't freeze and noobs don't feed. While away this summer and this fall I did have fun playing Diablo 3 and I'm about to sell my gear in that game for nearly $300 total if not more, which is pretty cool for just playing a game in your spare time.

Edit: Going to update first post about RCB 2013 as well

Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:03 am
Checked back briefly because I figured you'd shoot your mouth off like the whelp you are.

The community has never upset me winner. I've only had an issue with Donnie, Rambit and a couple other mods prior(edit: and you I guess because you are quite hilarious due to your attitude,style/what have you), which was mainly due to impatience but I still think it's stupid that any map as long as it's fair, competitive, and tested can't be in the map pack. I never said I was never going to make a map again or that I'll stop posting here because of that.

When I left last time I gave no reason and just posted this:
"To all who're curious I'm giving Voobly up for the summer and possibly the Fall too until after I graduate and find a job. Maybe after that if people are still playing I'll come back. See my sig about RCB." Posted on the wall in my profile: 23 May 2012 - 12:50 am

I did give it up playing for the summer and nearly half the fall. I did continue to check the forums and only commented when they did some simple edits to CBA Hero which could've been done months ago.

Again after I commented and yeah I'll give it to you I slightly freaked out because they are indeed pathetic at maintaining the map pack and yeah it was stupid to suggest possible last post because the game is fun to play at times when there isn't any lag, it doesn't freeze and noobs don't feed. While away this summer and this fall I did have fun playing Diablo 3 and I'm about to sell my gear in that game for nearly $300 total if not more, which is pretty cool for just playing a game in your spare time.

Edit: Going to update first post about RCB 2013 as well
What a lovely story
Link | Reply | Quote
 Alexhelpme33

Posted 18 October 2012 - 7:56 pm
Please don't stop trying to make better custom scenario maps. They're not even near perfection as is blatantly obvious with the last RCB version. Don't let naysayers stop you
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 19 October 2012 - 3:30 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
Please don't stop trying to make better custom scenario maps. They're not even near perfection as is blatantly obvious with the last RCB version. Don't let naysayers stop you

Thanks man. I do care about RCB and love the scenario due to its complexity. RCB 2013 is a good version but I doubt it'll be rated since there was a phase where I repeatedly hated toward Donnie; I have apologized for that though and that was months ago. I'm confident I've made every practical change that's been suggested and ones that I can think of in order to remake RCB 2011 v2 into RCB 2013. At the very least 2011 v3 should be rated I'd think because it has bugs but I didn't change any of the gameplay in that version other than disabling the faith research to make the genitour less troublesome. RCB 2012 if you ever played that was the red-headed step-child. I tried to change too much related to gameplay in that version when I should've just stuck with perfected 2011 v2.

Probably not a good sign that he moved this thread out of the map pack section either... at least he didn't delete it though.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 25 October 2012 - 5:05 pm
So Donnie what about this map?

Or is your giraffe eating all the leaves from the tree again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cyclone_T

Posted 25 October 2012 - 7:34 pm
This map should definitely be given a try.

Some innovative work done..I really liked that re-positioning of the stores..especially the route to the two top stores from the bottom one.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 25 October 2012 - 11:17 pm by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
Cyclone_T wrote:
This map should definitely be given a try.

Some innovative work done..I really liked that re-positioning of the stores..especially the route to the two top stores from the bottom one.

The main issue is this is like the 4th or 5th one I've tried to get rated lol. In those other versions I tried to change the gameplay too much and people didn't like that. But I haven't tried to make any changes since mid May I believe so I did tone it down quite a bit and in this version the gameplay is basically identical to 2011 v2 with only minor variations. I really don't see what the big deal is though. It can't be that hard to add a map to the map pack and simply remove it if it's bugged.

Right now there's only one thing I would change in the future and that's working on the autobalance more since it only accounts for extremes right now where you really get killed at the cross in the beginning.

Speaking of bugged maps/maps no one plays:

=V= RCB 2012 F2.scx
=V= RCB Gold 2012 v3.scx

If you rate this remove those as well.

At the very least the 2011 v3 posted in this thread needs to be rated but now that I think about it the title should be changed probably to: =X= RCB Gold 2011 v2 (bug fix).scx (because a couple years ago I believe I had a different 2011 v3 that some people still might have).

Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:19 pm
Still waiting for this to get added.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ggitired

Posted 1 November 2012 - 5:56 pm
Being reviewed. Please be patient.

Please decide which thread you would like to use.

Link | Reply | Quote
 Bird_is_theword

Posted 13 November 2012 - 5:36 am
Downloaded the map and looked at the changes... there are many but then I read why you changed things and I agree. HOPE TO PLAY THIS RATED SOON!!!
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 13 November 2012 - 7:07 pm
Downloaded the map and looked at the changes... there are many but then I read why you changed things and I agree. HOPE TO PLAY THIS RATED SOON!!!

Thanks there duder. I doubt this will ever get rated though.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MD__]DaDrunkInside

Posted 13 November 2012 - 7:21 pm
Thanks there duder. I doubt this will ever get rated though.

You should give up, it doesn't look like theres any change on the horizon. There was a brief chance that Sharp getting involed would have done some good but now hes been forced out by the repulsive underbelly of the voobly staff.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 14 November 2012 - 5:56 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
You should give up, it doesn't look like theres any change on the horizon. There was a brief chance that Sharp getting involed would have done some good but now hes been forced out by the repulsive underbelly of the voobly staff.

Yeah, I've pretty much given up on this getting rated because of Donnie. It is, however, inexcusable that the 2011 v2 bug fix map not be rated because it goes against the map pack rules but wait, oh I forgot, Donnie made those rules just to oppose my antics. All I'm trying to do is improve the community.

Also, I did make a complaint post about it but it's been 10 days and I've even messaged Tic and yeah.. nothing: http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/126953

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]3
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 32 posts