Map Pack Made Easy Complete

RIP_Vanthom

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:55 pm
Map Pack Made Easy Installer
Created by RIP_Vanthom

After trying to play games today I noticed many players have wrong versions of maps and they get the error telling them they need the same version of the map to play with the host. The solution to this is to delete the fake map,however alot of people do not know how to do this. So I created the Map Pack Made Easy what this does is it installs to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age Of Empires II\Scenario it over-rights any map that has the same name as it so you only get the correct rated map.
Earlier today I posted a version of this Map Pack installer however an arrogant mod who I have no idea who it was deleted the link so I was forced to recreate this installer. In the future if there is a problem with the link or whatever do not edit my post and remove the link without giving a reason.

Anyways Enjoy I hope to update this thread in the future with further updates.

(CURRENT) Version 1.0 [You must login to view link]

Questions concerns? Leave a comment.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]Noted

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:05 am
That mod who deleted ur link may see ur topic as a duplicate of the map pack thread. But if you could add deleting fake maps feature that would be nice.

Note to mod : The file is safe and I tested it by myself if it is the reason of ur link deleting in the previous topic.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Smileboy

Edited 14 January 2013 - 12:11 am by Smileboy
its not hacked ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_Vanthom

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:11 am
Quote:
That mod who deleted ur link may see ur topic as a duplicate of the map pack thread. But if you could add deleting fake maps feature that would be nice.

Note to mod : The file is safe and I tested it by myself if it is the reason of ur link deleting in the previous topic.

I can add that feature however I need to have a list of the known fake map names to be able to use it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]Noted

Edited 14 January 2013 - 12:18 am by [ A ]Noted
For CBA :

=V= CBAv8 (double space after =V=)
=V= CBA v8
=V= CBA V8
=V= CBAv8
(This one has a space at the end)
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_Vanthom

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:19 am
Ok Ill update it shortly
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_Vanthom

Posted 19 January 2013 - 4:19 pm
Quote:
It's a good idea in the rough mate.

So much more could be done along these lines though if possible.

For example: have a sub folder in Scenarios called Voobly

Create an installer that deletes all maps in the Voobly folder and then installs the current map pack. Only the map pack is rated, and players can keep all the non rated scenarios in the main folder.

Never have any issues again if somone starts renaming or altering maps just run the installer again and all your maps are official Voobly ones.

Hope that makes sense, but good job on the idea so far

I can work on that, perhaps whoever is in charge of releasing the map pack should let me know before they release it , that way I could have an archive ready for the next release and everyone's install could be much easier.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Coat_of_Arms

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:50 am
The last time someone did this it spread a virus. Hope you keep your computer clean.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts