RCB Gold 2013 v3

_Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 15 April 2013 - 12:48 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
rcb 2013 v3 now rated: [You must login to view link]

Various changes to make it much, much more like its predecessors.

Changes:
  • Don't buy full pop: it still doesn't work ... it's a horrible buy imo anyways and you should never buy it lol. When I was fixing it for p4 I selected the wrong attribute to send which I subsequently later changed for the rest of the players. I thought I'd tested it but only looked at the second number and not the first and second ones so what it current does is increases current pop by 200 and raises the max to 200 only.
  • Absolutely all taskers have been removed that fire constantly... if it still freezes as much I give up for now and the only thing to potentially do would be to limit pop to 150 from 200 but that may hurt games more than it'd help. In addition to 2013 tasker changes I made it so other spawn points don't have taskers always on and the only other tasker (the horse one related to the anti-delete) has been changed so it isn't always on as well.
  • Genitour Removed (there was a poll and majority wanted it removed)
  • Bottom Store Orientation like 2011 v2
  • Top and super stores are smaller (takes even less kings to view the entire area compared to 2011 v2)
  • Reveal map removed from top and super stores where kings spawn since areas are smaller now
  • One Skirmisher for one king now. Changed from: two skirms for two kings. (doesn't work against cavalry archers as well as infantry/archers... for the most part just throw units on aggressive stance unless they have a lot of them in which case you should probably just run)
  • No Transport technologies with the ship buy. Changed from: techs included with ship
  • Transport Ship buy is now 3 kings comes with 4250 hp and regenerates 32 hp/sec
  • All players back to 2500 stone. Changed from: 2000 stone
  • One villager again with treadmill crane tech now. Changed from: two villagers with buy and no treadmill crane
  • Heresy and faith techs can be researched again at the monastery.
  • Scythian Scout (17k hp, +100 ap) changed from 10k|20ap (delayed 16 mins)
  • Nevski +625 hp/king from +600; 6 hp| 4 ap every 20 from 4hp|2ap
  • Super Store Harald +500 hp, 200 ap initially (delayed 10 mins)
  • Full population buy on the super store now (3 kings gives you 200 total pop)
  • Huns get hp boost to their towers like the goths but less hp overall than the goths and other civs
  • Archers of the eyes spawn at the beginning of the game instantly and other buys on the "tiny island" (e.g. Paladins) are delayed until 10 minutes ... this is a balance thing and also to increase more variety since mainly everyone gets archers of the eyes anyways...well now you can get paladins, frankish or the khan defender too if you want. You no longer get a free Khan Defender; you have to select it.
  • @ 10 mins, Paladins +400 hp, 20 ap
  • @ 10 mins, Frankish +500 hp, 175 ap initially and powers up (10 hp, 2 ap) every 12 secs (changed from 13)
  • @ 10 mins, Khan Defender 9 hp, 2 ap (every 8 secs) ... given hp|ap when you buy it equivalent to it powering up from the beginning to try and give it more range (should at least get 1+ for 5+2 if you aren't imperial, which is better than the the 5+1 it is currently ... is removed if you choose frankish/paladins) ... Best if bought if you go imperial instantly in the beginning so you'll have imp and castle age range techs researched. Otherwise the unit will act stupid and run in front of other units when used in a group with Mongols/Mangudai for instance. Gets 550 hp|130 ap when you select it no matter if you have a house or not.
  • Deleted some wall pieces outside the main inner gates so they should be easier to take down now.
  • Fixed auto-balance so it doesn't activate when there's a "draw" at the cross (i.e. between p1, p8 in mid)
  • Pyramids get +1200hp at 25 mins (not looped/repeated) to compensate stronger super store units... don't want them kicking too much ass
  • Adjusted anti-paladin spawn feed so it should proc more frequently
  • Tamerlane every 4 secs instead of 5, powers up every 9 secs instead of 7
  • Harald 16 kings from 15. Strong civs need to not kick so much ass. Changed power-up to every 19 secs though from 23, which was previously increased from 20. Global kept the same amount though. With all of the added things to help you kill people now people should have a harder time getting global.
  • Made Friars two for 1 (Changed it so you get two for one when it comes to monks. Decided randomly to do this because it just is t fair in some games where someone has a villager and can mass produce while you were forced to go imp in the beginning and can only get one at a time. Should be the last change... It could've been rated weeks ago with the way it was before though.)
  • Fixed khan that never stops powering-up bug
  • Added in notification every 20 minutes if houses are still in mid but had to get rid of the "p1's house has been destroyed" for all players to fix khan power-up bug
  • Charlemagne is still 4 kings but you get one king refunded when you buy it (refunded at the bottom store) so it's really 3.5.
  • Fireship ap changed to 65 from 100. Should give you more time to kill it/defend against transports. (still delayed 10 minutes)
  • Added in map reveal placer on loop on mid hill every 60 seconds... hopefully it'll fix the common view glitch bug when so many units are fighting on mid (happened even in 2011 too)

v4 things to change/look at list:
  • fix full pop
  • stop monks converting boats if possible
  • increase global by one king and harald back to 20 sec power-up
  • 4 tamerlane for one king
  • Tamerlane for 9 still but 2011 v2 power-up area and rate increased by 1 second to every 6 (could have areas near trees in mid used for power-up too)
  • decrease number of palisade walls you can build in addition to fixing view exploit bug by having all walls remove in the base except the perimeter and around pyramid
  • give all civs one less king
  • change anti-delete to gaia hawk instead of horse
  • limit haralds to 3
  • transport 5 kings for total pop of 10 only
  • fireship 4 kings with timelimit of 15 minutes, keep current ap, and limit ship number to 1
  • prevent attacking gaia units and blacksmith/university
  • expand base width by 1 square
  • Program lockable spawn units
  • Some sort of bonus for p2 and p6 in games with 7 players and something similar for 6 and 5 players
  • Give beli, william, and theo the imp upgrades when bought
  • have a buy to remove all palisade walls and gates surrounding the base on the map
  • Make mid area more distinct regardless of reducing tamerlane power-up or not
  • Monks 1 for 1 again
  • Some sort of bonus for Scythian Scout (i.e. a power-up in mid?, more hp?)
  • treb 3.5 kings
  • harald 4.5?
  • delay villager if you go imperial by X minutes or have it as super store buy
  • give maya and brits 4 regular paladins at start?
  • improve auto-balance?
  • koreans +1 king
  • bonus for p2 and p5 in 7,6 player games
  • more room in back of base?
  • increase nevski power-up more?
  • Go through Auto map and see if there's anything good to transfer.
  • Mongols back to 2 kings?
  • koreans same stone as everyone else
  • super store harald at 4 kings? 4.5?
  • give everyone spies at start? (the super store buy)
  • add all units in base + hp/ap to super store?
  • replace defender with different unit with same power-up and stats? ... probably lord de graville
  • notifications for beli, william, theo, khan, harald, and mid
  • increase path sizes
  • timer for beli, william, theo? to open them up
  • adjust monk heal rate (probably just 2-3x)
  • change it so all civs get their units via castle unit creation?
  • add back in archers of the eyes on top store?
  • remove defender and replace it with something else... like make it so your archers of the eyes continuously powerup like in 2012 f2 ... it's too strong if the house isn't taken which happens a lot in noob games. maybe just cap it's hp/ap too
  • bonus if person next to you chickens out in the first 10 minutes
  • add period in front of number for kill notifications
  • p1 one less king p2 one more in 7,6,5 player games?
  • have it create a horse at 10 minutes
  • delay to 15
  • 2011 style unit creation next update
  • remove wall buy on super store instead of ship

AoFE version:
[You must login to view link]

Incas - 4 kings (6 total)
Indians - 1 king (3 total)
Italians - 2 kings (4 total)
Magyars - 2 kings (4 total)
Slavs - 1 king (3 total)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]BadSystem

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:55 pm
this is really bad i dont agree try to fix some problems like crash or lag etc.. not to remove some advantages
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:06 pm
this is really bad i dont agree try to fix some problems like crash or lag etc.. not to remove some advantages

This makes no sense to me. I did try to fix crashing and lagging... that's the primary reason for this version. All of the triggers have been redone from 2011 v2. Read more here: http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/125269/:605817#post605817

Removing advantages and making it more balanced was a secondary issue but it's still a good thing to go for nonetheless.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 18 January 2013 - 2:31 am
Thanks for the support Taff. =)

I know in the past I tried to incorporate things into my new versions of RCB along with trying to stop freezing that were different and people didn't like them but now I'm trying to make it just like 2011 and some still don't approve, lol. Oh well. I tried.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 20 January 2013 - 5:57 am
Don't rate this quite yet. I may have overreacted a tad while making some of these changes.

The version that's rated now really is fine for the most part but slight tweaks will make it more perfect.
Link | Reply | Quote
 LePoop

Posted 20 January 2013 - 6:26 am
Remove genitour and I will play RCB again ;w00t
Link | Reply | Quote
 Franz_Bonaparta

Posted 20 January 2013 - 6:35 am

+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 2 February 2013 - 12:06 am
I decided I'm going to do the following things too:

1) Add Khan Defender as a choice compared to Frankish, Pallies... (and remove it from each player's base)
2) Increase respawnable paladin hp bonus to 25 from 20
3) Make it so the transport constantly regens hp instead of giving it an hp/sec bonus (or maybe do both)
4) Change Frankish to 200 hp, 100 ap initially
5) Add in the 40 hand cannoneers buy from 10th to the super store for 3 kings (have this on the store now but not programmed. still not 100% on it but I think it'll increase the beginning gameplay greatly) For instance, you could choose to potentially get 50 units to garrison right away or you could skip archers of the eyes and get the cannons and get pallies/defender/what have you
6) Increase Scythian Scout Hp and Attack
7) Reduce all civilization kings by one across the board.

Probably won't get totally done with it this weekend since I'll need to systemically test everything again just to be sure it works but possibly next weekend it'll be ready.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_Bamster

Posted 2 February 2013 - 2:34 am
I decided I'm going to do the following things too:

1) Add Khan Defender as a choice compared to Frankish, Pallies... (and remove it from each player's base)
2) Increase respawnable paladin hp bonus to 25 from 20
3) Make it so the transport constantly regens hp instead of giving it an hp/sec bonus (or maybe do both)
4) Change Frankish to 200 hp, 100 ap initially
5) Add in the 40 hand cannoneers buy from 10th to the super store for 3 kings (have this on the store now but not programmed. still not 100% on it but I think it'll increase the beginning gameplay greatly) For instance, you could choose to potentially get 50 units to garrison right away or you could skip archers of the eyes and get the cannons and get pallies/defender/what have you
6) Increase Scythian Scout Hp and Attack
7) Reduce all civilization kings by one across the board.

Probably won't get totally done with it this weekend since I'll need to systemically test everything again just to be sure it works but possibly next weekend it'll be ready.

;thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 3 February 2013 - 12:11 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
;thumbup

Indeed, Indeed.

imma workin' hard. Did a lot yesterday and today. You guys are going to like this version though. If you don't well then I give up. =P Plan to have a test version out by next Sunday (February 10th).

Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 7 February 2013 - 6:17 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
I'll have a well tested version out in a couple days. I have most of the final changes listed in the first post but I'm going to do a couple more this weekend. From playing two games so far I think it's much, much better.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]DJ

Posted 7 February 2013 - 7:08 am
The delayed Paladins will screw up all the magic/competence of 1 V.S 1's games.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 7 February 2013 - 2:51 pm by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
^Yeah. I know they're used in 1v1 but right now I'm focusing on the ffa/team games only. Having the center bombards undead also screws up 1v1 games. I'm not sure what people want for 1v1 but I will release a 1v1 version when I'm done with the main one.

That is should the 1v1 version:
1) Still have archers of eyes auto-spawn?
2) Have the tiny island delay?
3) Have undead bombards at all?
4) Bases directly across from each other (e.g. p1 v p5 orientation or the current adjacent orientation)?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 8 February 2013 - 8:10 pm
for the main version... I think it would be better without getting the faith tech with the purchase of skirm and gen. well actually it might be ok with the skirm if its 2 kings for 1, but if the gen is still 3 kings, I dont think it should have any help with it. gen still focuses too much of the gameplay on it when its used I think, and should probably be as easy to convert as possible.
IMO its still alright at the price of 3 with monk/techs against its favor, or it could be alright for 4 kings like i think you were considering, then it would make more sense to come with faith. maybe people would complain if it was 4, not sure if more ppl would like or dislike that. another possibility would be putting back the missionary, it seemed good. did ppl actually complain about that? I wouldnt think it was a problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 SaV_Coach

Posted 8 February 2013 - 8:47 pm
LePoop wrote:
Remove genitour and I will play RCB again ;w00t

A Big +1

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2345678
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 108 posts