Help. Need a counter for Koreans.

TheAnig140895

Posted 28 January 2013 - 3:38 pm
Hello to everyone out there reading this. This is my first post here in Voobly forums hence I know not whether this is the appropriate place to post such trivial queries. I have tried googling this but in vain I resort to this one last hope. Now onto the question-

Me and my friends are about to play on a Arena/Fortress Random Map game ( AoC 1.0c for anyone whose interested ). I want to learn an effective counter to Koreans and their War Wagon + Knights/Skirmishers + Pikeman combination. I am at liberty to choose any civilization but Korean to do so. It is sort of a 'challenge'. I have read online when I was googling for my answer that Koreans are generally banned from competitive play because the War Wagons are seemingly overpowered units.

Also on a side note, is there a counter for Galley + Turtle Ship combination against the Koreans.

Notes -
1. They size of army is unsure and depends on how my friend does in the economy section.
2. From the civilization bonuses I think the best bet would be to use Turks because of their gun powder (which I think may be an effective counter to War Wagons)
3.The other civilizations I think are Byzantines ( for defensive play and wonder victory ) or the Huns ( for effective Castle Age/Early Imperial Rush ).

PS > I hope the forum thread popularity is independent of my ratings.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Last_Mage

Posted 28 January 2013 - 4:51 pm
Bottom line - Be the best player. Koreans also have bombard towers but you can prob win with celts.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Posted 28 January 2013 - 5:09 pm
Koreans are an expensive civ, and generally slow since their only economy bonus is faster stone mining, which is only useful for a tower rush. However, if you let them boom (which you shouldn't ever let happen with any enemy civ), they are a really strong defensive powerhouse.

Any strong Siege Ram civ with army counter them nicely (Celts/Mongols are good examples).

As for their navy, Galleons + Demo ships are best bet vs Korean navy. Turtle Ships are so expensive.
Link | Reply | Quote
 TheAnig140895

Posted 29 January 2013 - 9:22 am
Thanks everyone for their replies.

ViCious's method was really helpful. So a special thanks to you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Posted 14 February 2013 - 1:44 pm
Siege rams + combination of units (halberdier/paladins/heavy camels).

Saracens, Huns, Celts, Mongols are probably the strongest civs against Koreans.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DZ]_HERACLES_

Posted 26 February 2013 - 6:51 am
vicious guy is pro in giving solutions to any of your problems.
Link | Reply | Quote
 AKMED

Posted 20 June 2013 - 8:03 am
idooits
Link | Reply | Quote
 KurSad69

Posted 29 July 2013 - 7:32 pm
camel
Link | Reply | Quote
 InstaAoC

Edited 2 August 2013 - 4:46 pm by InstaAoC
I suggest Goths due their high pierce armor.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TiRex]___Sonic___

Posted 21 December 2013 - 5:22 am
MAYBE goths.

Sara with mass mameluke + SO would easily beat Koreans..
Celts with mass siege would beat koreans also
Link | Reply | Quote
 RmcooTheHater_

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:03 am
Guys this topic was made year ago...

And the best counter to korean is go for rush on castle age (even if it is BF) cause Korean are late game Power house civ..
Link | Reply | Quote
 MudVaynE_

Posted 5 August 2014 - 12:54 pm
the korea + kts+ speerman combination can easyly coutered with mamluks+archers+rams combination
Link | Reply | Quote
 bozeyman9000

Posted 17 February 2015 - 6:12 am
for this particular unit set you described, if you spam halberds and skirms, with emphasis on halberds you should get an edge eventually if you keep it up. the skirms are useful if the koreans bring in archers and hand cannons for the halberds. my favorite civ is koreans because once they are boomed they are almost unstoppable but they are very expensive
Link | Reply | Quote
 [mouz]jotita7

Posted 24 December 2015 - 8:12 pm
skirms
Link | Reply | Quote
 Wa6

Posted 12 January 2016 - 9:35 am
Hello to everyone out there reading this. This is my first post here in Voobly forums hence I know not whether this is the appropriate place to post such trivial queries. I have tried googling this but in vain I resort to this one last hope. Now onto the question-

Me and my friends are about to play on a Arena/Fortress Random Map game ( AoC 1.0c for anyone whose interested ). I want to learn an effective counter to Koreans and their War Wagon + Knights/Skirmishers + Pikeman combination. I am at liberty to choose any civilization but Korean to do so. It is sort of a 'challenge'. I have read online when I was googling for my answer that Koreans are generally banned from competitive play because the War Wagons are seemingly overpowered units.

Also on a side note, is there a counter for Galley + Turtle Ship combination against the Koreans.

Notes -
1. They size of army is unsure and depends on how my friend does in the economy section.
2. From the civilization bonuses I think the best bet would be to use Turks because of their gun powder (which I think may be an effective counter to War Wagons)
3.The other civilizations I think are Byzantines ( for defensive play and wonder victory ) or the Huns ( for effective Castle Age/Early Imperial Rush ).

PS > I hope the forum thread popularity is independent of my ratings.
To be rolling knights & ww & monk lines is huge eco outputs, and of course you don't play korean unless you are steamrolling base walking like you're playing french grand cannons in RA2. That much boom takes time to set up, if they start of with trush into archers or flush u can set them back/out of the game if you counter right there, otherwise the map would have to be huge to outboom them from that point.
Last_Mage wrote:
Bottom line - Be the best player. Koreans also have bombard towers but you can prob win with celts.

I am the first Mage.

Drush into trash wipe kor.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 15 posts