Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > Age Of Mythology > The next step on voobly about the Fanpatch

The next step on voobly about the Fanpatch

[DoD]_Nakamura

Posted 10 February 2013 - 9:08 pm
Dear Voobly staff,
The RTS-Sanctuary community (aka the majority of the AoT players) has voted about the final and full implementation of a minimal fanpatch ( as in a one including only slight changes).
Poll : [You must login to view link]&st=0

I've posted the main poll there in order to avoid smurf votes, which would have provided fake results here on voobly forums.

What does this all mean though?

By full implementation, I'm asking you to consider our patch as Voobly-official.
The "standard version" of the game should remain playable on voobly. However I'm asking you to make the fan patch the primary, and preferred game version. You can do that, technically speaking in the following ways :

1) Override the game files with the ones I provide, and have the original files (which I'll provide too) act as a mod as the fan patch does currently
Problem : this would create problems for people playing on other clients.

2) Rename the mod options in the AoT lobby. "Voobly Patch" should be the fan patch, and AoT 1.03 should be the current game. Have Voobly Patch as default mode.
Problem : people will only be able to watch recorded games through the voobly client

3) Voobly programmers create a launcher for AoT that lets you choose between the Voobly patch and the original game for offline mode - apply option #2, and there won't be a problem with the solution.

4) Reject the fan patch, and disappoint countless people who have been hoping for a more balanced and bugfree, fair game, which can be achieved through the fan patch.

I'm looking forward to staff response.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:40 pm
I've seen multiple high level staff reading this topic, please post your thoughts.
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 15 February 2013 - 2:43 am
I doubt you want my honest thoughts
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Posted 15 February 2013 - 2:47 am
Well, whether you personally like it or not, the community has decided.
Need an official voobly opinion.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DmD_]IamFirefox

Posted 15 February 2013 - 2:54 am
I'm in for FP. This game needs a change. The option to play original will still be there for those crusty old relics who dont wanna change their ways of isis laming and exploiting Microsoft's loopholes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 15 February 2013 - 8:20 am
"please post your thoughts." you asked for my thoughts, naka.... if you wanted an official Voobly statement, ask for it
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:23 pm
"By full implementation, I'm asking you to consider our patch as Voobly-official."

Obviously I need an official response.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Posted 17 February 2013 - 8:28 pm
The request is about making it the main patch. The people did not use it because of the nature of the changes. Now, that a new list of changes has been offered, the people want a full implementation of it, so that this patch becomes the main one on voobly, and the original stays there as an option.
Obviously they will use a patch they have voted in favor of.
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 18 February 2013 - 1:52 am
So, last weekend (or so) there was like 250+ ppl online, right?
Out of that 250, how many would you say 'support' the fan patch? How many would you say want to play the fp as the main patch?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Posted 18 February 2013 - 1:43 pm
No forcing is required. I can understand if you guys are unwilling to change things around and make fp primary and original secondary. In order to prove the patch worthy, I'm asking you to just update it again. Give it a final chance, as this patch had over 70 supporters. Maybe in the future, when they'll use it, we can consider alternatives.
Elusive, i sent you a Pm containing the files.
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 19 February 2013 - 2:16 am
"as this patch had over 70 supporters"
there's one problem, dude. (assuming all 70 were online the other weekend), 70/250+ is not a sufficient ratio.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Edited 19 February 2013 - 1:41 pm by [DoD]_Nakamura
I'm not even trying to have you implement it as primary, Maiden. Just update the current one, please. Perhaps for the last time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 LNC_GoldenAxe

Posted 25 February 2013 - 6:53 pm
Naka doesn't even play the game, his 1550 and thinks he understand the game.

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 OnceUponAnoob

Posted 23 April 2013 - 7:57 pm
So the deathmatch community which accepted this fan patch is dead today, while the supremacy community which rejected it outright is doing pretty well (200+ lobby regularly). Speaks volumes :/

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts