=V= Roll The Dice Gold V9.6

Bats_

Edited 16 February 2013 - 12:34 am by Bats_
Roll the Dice is great! Please add it to the pack (and maybe make it eventually rated)!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BalaaM_]CaNeK

Posted 16 February 2013 - 3:27 am
PIN3 wrote:
Yea it's a fun map, might be a good add for the alternative ladder.
Are u serious ? :S maybe league would be fun but dont for alternative ladder imo
Link | Reply | Quote
 LePoop

Edited 16 February 2013 - 4:37 am by LePoop
Are u serious ? :S maybe league would be fun but dont for alternative ladder imo
Why is Ancient TD and TTF rated then? At least this map is played against other players, I've only played it once but it seemed like a competitive game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BalaaM_]CaNeK

Posted 16 February 2013 - 3:56 am
Damian u cant speak when u arent player of Ancient or TTF
Link | Reply | Quote
 _MaTT_M0rgaN_

Posted 16 February 2013 - 6:56 am
LePoop wrote:
Why is Ancient TD and TTF rated then? At least this map is played against other players, I've only played it once but it seemed like a competitive game.

are maps to play against other players, it would be good to talk about those maps to be a player who knows these maps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 KOG_aRe_sHeePz_

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:48 pm
LePoop wrote:

Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:54 pm
Stop bashing TTF, its a very competitive map.
Alternative ladder is a mess, it doesn't really matter what map is there at the moment.

We can trial run it as a CS league.
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Edited 17 February 2013 - 12:12 am by syssouffle
Damian u cant speak when u arent player of Ancient or TTF

True but it's exactly the same for RTD ^^. This map can be rated as CS alternative because victory depend mainly of player skills...
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]ChironAge

Posted 17 February 2013 - 4:51 am
The problem with rated RTD is that there is too much luck and randomness involved.
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:03 am
Well like I said good RTD players will be disagree with you, luck factor is higher in CBA....
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nixy

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:50 pm
while were at it lets rate lotr as well
Link | Reply | Quote
 Laochra

Posted 17 February 2013 - 9:15 pm
The problem with rated RTD is that there is too much luck and randomness involved.
syssouffle wrote:
Well like I said good RTD players will be disagree with you, luck factor is higher in CBA....

hmmm there is some merit to this, ive notched up countless games of roll the dice and for the first time the other day, in a 6 player ffa, a guy got scythian wild woman and gutted all our towers before we knew what was happening to panic. apparently the monkeyboy can appear as well.

no matter how rare these units are, i dislike the possibility of their appearence, and feel their inclusion takes away from the skill argument to get this game rated.

i dont know about cbas possessing a higher luck factor, i was a 1700 rated player on cba heros in the main lounge, i dragged my rating up from 1400 after i learned to patrol and to micro better. luck is an element but significantly more so is skill as i realised as i picked up more tricks playing with/against good cba players.

the same can be said for roll the dice, ive played with the pros of the game on gameranger and even taken a few games from them in FFAs which ill credit to ghenghis and a few tips he gave me to improve my general rtd strategy.

its an awesome and fun map and with one or 2 changes, should defintely be made rated.
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Edited 18 February 2013 - 5:54 pm by syssouffle
I don't think scythian wild woman break the game:
1/ It happen 1/250 games approximatelly
2/ If you have eyes, reflexes and always your panic ready then the chance to be killed by this unit is 1/5 i think. (if it spawn while you look at store for example...)
3/ Then the chance to be a pro player and be killed unfairly by the scythian wild woman is 1/1500 games ;grin . (1/5 x 1/300)

And it's normal to be killed first time you see it.
The monkey spawn at corner then you have more time for react. I've never been killed by this kind of units, except when i wanted save my panic, which is a typical beginner error.

About CBA it need many skills of course, but it's common to see average players beat pro players in a 2v2 game random civ. But the probability to see the same situation in RTD is much lower.

I think the luck factor from RTD triggers is lower than all random civ game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BalaaM_]CaNeK

Posted 21 February 2013 - 3:29 am
syssouffle wrote:

CBA is team game :S not like roll..
Link | Reply | Quote
 C1osed

Posted 21 February 2013 - 8:53 pm
CBA is team game
;stern rofl

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]3
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 42 posts