Legions Fury (blow up units on mid) in next RCB update

Poll: Would you like legions fury to be added to the next RCB update?
Yes, 6 kings up top creates ~9 sabs on the hill for killin'
Yes, 7 kings up top
Yes, 8 kings up top
Yes, 9 kings up top
No
Other (give your opinion below)
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 27 April 2013 - 11:03 pm by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
A few people have messaged me about wanting the genitour back into RCB. That won't happen though (see quoted convo below). Furthermore, although yes, the genitour did serve as a balancer of some type but these balance issues have been ironed out with the auto-balance and the undead bombard for the first part of the game so they can fend for themselves better without having to rely on the genitour. However, it appears people are struggling since they don't have something to combat the mid hill buy. So therefore I'm thinking about adding the legions fury buy back into the game.

In RCB 2012 F2 I had legions fury in the following way:
  • Creates ~9 sabs on the hill instead of just removing the units like in 10th legion (so the person buying it gets some kills since it's so kamikaze-esque
  • Skirms are not removed from the hill
  • 6 kings up top

Issues with legions fury are:
  • 1) I personally, consider it a "noob move" since it's pretty much a kamikaze attack on the person that goes mid and they have a minimal chance of recovering after the fact. (doesn't take much skill and all the skill that person used to get to mid is quickly trumpeted. Skirms would not be removed from the hill though so there's still that.
  • 2) I'm guessing the middle power-up would need to be increased slightly to deal with the fury. Maybe 3 hp/1 ap every second so they at least have a chance if they bring a group back up there after the fact. Ap probably shouldn't be adjusted.

Alfz wrote:
Genitour is part of rcb it shouldn't be removed just because noobs cry over it.
Genitour was a mistake and it wasn't in 2010 or all of the versions before it. Is_this_my_name had no idea units would react to it differently when it was added. The skirm still works you just need to patrol it back and forth on no attack in front of units. If you have an idea for a defensive type buy (i.e. towers or something) tell me and maybe I'll do it if I can... I tried doing accursed towers behind the pyramid before and there just wasn't room. Right now, anyways, it seems that the genitour will stay out. Gameplay is more fun imo without it too. Buying castles was the staple defense back in the day...
Alfz wrote:
The skirm doesn't work at all. It has been tested multiple times units don't aim at it. It is just a waste of a king.
It must have some credence otherwise it wouldn't have been in the scenario all those years. Trust me you just have to patrol it back and forth on no attack. Granted this is only slightly more effective that doing it with paladins/something else but yeah you're never going to get the same effectiveness between the skirm and the genitour. There is a huge reason to remove the genitour as well and that's because of how it can be used against the brits and robin. With their long range they automatically shoot at it from long distances and monks can't convert that far, which turns into the opponent easily shooting at your monk when you try to convert it and if they have faith you're pretty much screwed. So because of this exploit which can't be prevented it should be removed in general. The skirm isn't as bad, like you said and know, though so it's not game breaking like the genitour is against brits.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BH_]Mark__

Posted 28 April 2013 - 2:08 am
genitour now and forever
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 28 April 2013 - 5:05 am
Im curious how likely it would be for the middle units to survive the blast from the sabs if they have powered up enough hp.
anyways I voted no (not totally certain about it) because there is no purchase specifically against any other units (like harald or theo) or global so maybe there shouldnt be one vs middle. you usually end up getting everyone vs you with mid more than anything else anyways.
but maybe it could be fun if fury didnt kill the mid units and just hurt them.

BTW I hate gen as much as anyone, but to keep options open, theres the possibility of brits getting a unique purchase available of maybe a super monk or missionary. if anything id suggest the gen costs 4. but all that would probably be too much trouble for what its worth.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 28 April 2013 - 9:00 am
Well in F2 I gave them 10,000 ap to decimate absolutely anything. I probably won't add this. I do like how it looks though, lol.

Maybe I could just do an hp delay for mid of 1 hp/2 secs to help people out.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]ChironAge

Posted 1 May 2013 - 12:57 am
I voted 9 kings ;doofy
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 1 May 2013 - 5:24 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
Decided not to do it because of isthismyname's reasoning coupled with my own. Instead I'm going to make the mid hp power-up delayed slightly (1 hp/2 secs, 1 ap/sec)

A mod can delete this thread if they want.
Link | Reply | Quote
 HoboHitchhiker

Posted 1 January 2014 - 8:13 am
Playing this game since msn zone.. albiet rambit cb hasnt been around as long as that, this is by far one of my favorite game types. when rambit auto came out i played it regiliously as well as when gold was developed just a couple months later. After taking a 2 year break and coming back and now playing the F8 version, everything has changed. I understand the need for balancing and what not but i have 3 problems which are OP and are outright stupid making the game no fun. First off is the Sythian scout that as what 13k hp?.. i have seen a full grouping of 40 khan take a minute to bring down the scout which is absolutely ridiculous. when you get any other type of unit... forget it.. there is a skirmisher for a reason. why change that and ad a scout. second.. the super harolds... these by far are the worst additions to the game. I have personally seen 2 heralds kill a pyrmid in a matter of seconds when getting drilled by khan. How fair and balanced is that... someone works hard the entire game, gets 12 super kings and buys khan then loses to 10 kings that buy 2 super harolds with too much hp because they take down the pyr too fast now... absolutely ridiculous now.. the third is the boat that transports them... castles loaded with units and heated shot researched doesnt bring it down.. so what chance is there... its all pretty much pointless to play the game... why not just buy super heralds and boat everyone.. its impossible to stop
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 1 January 2014 - 2:50 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
Playing this game since msn zone.. albiet rambit cb hasnt been around as long as that, this is by far one of my favorite game types. when rambit auto came out i played it regiliously as well as when gold was developed just a couple months later. After taking a 2 year break and coming back and now playing the F8 version, everything has changed. I understand the need for balancing and what not but i have 3 problems which are OP and are outright stupid making the game no fun. First off is the Sythian scout that as what 13k hp?.. i have seen a full grouping of 40 khan take a minute to bring down the scout which is absolutely ridiculous. when you get any other type of unit... forget it.. there is a skirmisher for a reason. why change that and ad a scout. second.. the super harolds... these by far are the worst additions to the game. I have personally seen 2 heralds kill a pyrmid in a matter of seconds when getting drilled by khan. How fair and balanced is that... someone works hard the entire game, gets 12 super kings and buys khan then loses to 10 kings that buy 2 super harolds with too much hp because they take down the pyr too fast now... absolutely ridiculous now.. the third is the boat that transports them... castles loaded with units and heated shot researched doesnt bring it down.. so what chance is there... its all pretty much pointless to play the game... why not just buy super heralds and boat everyone.. its impossible to stop

Even in the old versions if you dropped haralds off with a boat they could kill the pyramid. The only additional thing I've done (is_this_my_name changed them to 5 kings in 2011, I didn't do that but I do support the decision) is given them an initial hp ap boost from the start (335 hp, 100 ap in F9).

See here for some details about why I remade RCB Gold: http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/125269 Not all of that is relevant now though such as the bottom store design.

I could go into detail and list every single change and why it's that way but I won't do that. My mission was balance indeed but before that it was fixing the damn freezing problem. The freezing problem was improved before Userpatch and now it's non-existent. Then I sought out giving everything on the map more purpose.

Scout: 13k isn't that much greater than the 10k it used to be at in 2011. I did make it so you can only have one at a time in F9. Skirm is still viable. You can still counter scout by using aggressive stance and stopping units repeatedly but it doesn't work that well. I did not add the scout either... it has been there since 2010 v3 when I started playing RCB Gold.

Someone didn't work hard enough all game if they got boated. Plus, it's very very easy to tell when someone is going the boat route (i.e. no kings up top or anywhere else and no unit on spawn). It is a cheap strategy but it has been a strategy in most of the previous versions of RCB. All I did was facilitate it by making it so you can boat anyone across the map. Boating is a strategy but one easily seen through... it's very easy to prevent someone landing a ship by going the villager route and building up or just placing khan/whatever at the edge of the base in key spots so they can't even land the boat.

I did make it easier to kill someone but I also made it more difficult and skillful to win overall. Therefore the map is fun for "noobs" and skilled players alike. Just practice up. I'm sorry you don't like some of the changes. I've always asked for feedback as I've edited but not everyone gives it. See here for instance: http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/175972

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts