No sound in game

[I_'u'_I]Marcus_Chaplin

Posted 23 May 2013 - 1:00 pm
Hi. I've got an issue with the sound in multiplayer games? I got perfect sound in Singleplayer games but as soon as I start a multiplayer game on Voobly there is no sound in the game (only the launch/starting music but not the sound of 1, 2, 14 etc and totally no in game sound, like alerts and stuff). When the game is over and when i exit there is sounds again... also in lobby there is sound

Anyone having the same issues or knows how it could be fixed?
Link | Reply | Quote
 StonewallerAoC

Posted 24 April 2016 - 5:30 am
There are rather called taunts. I also have this problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 InThayne

Posted 24 April 2016 - 5:32 am
No in-game sounds here either.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 24 April 2016 - 6:41 am
There are rather called taunts. I also have this problem.
I guess you've got Steam AGE II: HD version. If so you need to modify the sound (taunt) folder location in your game directory. You may ask why? well see as default Steam HD uses different path location and correspondingly while playing on Voobly (Classic) you need to arrange them (manually) to another default location.

How-to-do it?
  1. Copy the taunt folder from here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\resources\en\sound
  2. Paste in your main game directory folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD

InThayne wrote:
No in-game sounds here either.
First, make sure to check your system sound volume mixer levels and as well as inside game options. If all set to max. and still no sound means then prob. your game directory sound files corrupted in that case you have to perform a clean reinstallation as follows:
  1. For Classic: #KB1019,
  2. For Steam HD: #KB1054.

P.S. From next time, please use our Technical Support forums section for all your Game/Voobly related problems.

Cheers!

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts