Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Game Mods > Age of Vampire

Age of Vampire

by Khan Ivayl - Fixed By Gallas - 1288 downloads

Transforms the Age of Empires Conquerors Expansion into a Vampire Expansion. The Maya, Aztecs, Koreans, Huns and Spanish become the Dracul Clan, Vrkolak, Bathory Clan, Transsylvanians and Van Helsing Guild respectively. Easy to install with a doubleclick on the installation icon and also a deinstallation-button which appears in your programms-menu is available after installation. Enjoy a simulation of what would have happened if vampires had empires :).

This mod pack uses Agamemnon's Skeleton mod, dark_blade's bats mod and ROR_Sir_Williams Dragon mod. Detailed credits are provided.

What if vampires had empires? This is the idea that started it all. Since then I have been mixing modern Horror Cliché with traditional Slavic mythology and hints towards the dark chapters of Romanian history. The result is something like an Eastern European Age of Mythology. With a bit of black humour...

Warning: (This I should have done earlier) the depiction of violence in Age of Vampires borders on cynical and exceeds that in the original game. If you feel offended by the depiction of humiliated human beings, even only in a game, do not download. I do not favor any kind of violence in real life, the brutality depicted here is however an accurate match of the traditional vampire-mythology.

finalscreenshot.png

Features:

♦ Mod packs transforming the entire game's aesthetics and offer new experiences are probably the most delightful ones.

"Age of Vampires" is a great example, altering the standard way of the game's looking to an interesting, spooky feeling of it.

Usefulness/Novelty:

It has been a long time since "Age of Chivalry" first came to light showing the game's capabilities to the maximum. "Age of Vampires" comes next, been innovative and presenting the so-called vampires' life.

Vampires have empires-amazing and amusing at the same time!
You are able to possess one of the 5 vampire civilizations (Van Helsing Guild, Vrkolak, Transylva, Dracul Clan or Bathory Clan) and experience the growth of your civilization in different conditions: Graves are your Houses, human remains is your food, your buildings are horrifically decorated...and so on. Two of them, however, have assimilated such changes the least.
Skeletons, batmen and dark Knights may be your main army. It is even possible not to find oaks or pine trees, but dead trees (this is the expected thing to find in a vampire civ's world).
In general, a non-humane place to live and interesting battles among vampires.

Quality/Instructions:

This mod pack is considered to act like the original game-same purposes, ability to play random maps, scenarios or with others via Internet/LAN etc. , so there is merely the need of installing it, without raising questions or worries about it. The fact it is just a one-click install/uninstall process is simply an excellent adding!

Let us have a closer look in the game: Three of the five civilizations' buildings are decorated with human bodies and dead trees, sometimes skeletons may also exist. Blood is a special characteristic to all of them...

Furthermore, the civs' technologies: They are more or less the same, but there are some new fitting each civ's distinctivenesses. It happens, though, that some of them are probably not working. Such are the "Garlic Soup" of Transylva and "Ïpen the Gates" of Dracul Clan... Referring to all the 5 civs, the "Man-N-Arms" upgrade is useless, and the interesting "Engineer" unit (been created in Barracks) does not exist in the Tech Tree.

As we have a general look of the environment, we can easily notice the changes: Transylvanian wolf instead of the simple wolf, forage bushes are replaced by human remains, sheep and turkeys are changed to Maids and Fat Men (the latter exist mostly in Transylvania, Random Map). Last but not least, the dead trees (or Evil Trees, differently spelled): Many of the Random Maps support these kind of trees. Some examples are Arabia, Nomad, Continental and Transylvania (the last one is full of these, be careful or else bats may eat you!)

The first updates of the mod pack included the nice Dragon mod, which is not found anymore. The fact is, it is been replaced by a non-fitting turtle ship ( i do not know if i must have the specific mod installed, but i did not need to at previous releases of "Age of Vampires". :S )

Screenshots:

3 User(s) are viewing this mod (in the past 30 minutes)
1 members, 2 guests
Google

Information
Type:
Changes Game Play
Game Name:
Downloads:
Created By:
Khan Ivayl - Fixed By Gallas
Version:
Allowed in Rated Games:
Yes