RCB Gold 2013 F8 through F11

MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 21 February 2014 - 11:17 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
Get the most up to date RCB map: http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/46/AoC-Custom-Scenarios

F9 F10
[You must login to view link]

Fixed annoying bug where it'd spam a message. I've had a lot of difficulty with the view exploit. It's hard to ensure people don't cheat. I tripled checked it and built buildings myself to make sure it's working properly though.

While my keyboard was busted (got a new one now) I spectated a lot of games and did a few balance changes. Unless there are any significant bugs this will be the last update for quite some time.

Changed:
  • If you purchase Charlemagne you get two additional kings on the bottom store (2 refunded).
  • Changed global back to 1 hp/1ap sec.
  • I made Nevski a little better. 650 hp from 600 per king ... 65 ap from 60 per king. Nevski is really good if you want to go glass cannon against someone who buys Tamerlane or in general... just dump all of your kings into three of them and kill a person. Chances are you won't kill anymore people though.
  • So I decided to do this too: [You must login to view link] Intended to delay landed super haralds via attacking other units (or the tower) and make spawn feeding harder. Or you know it'll actually do nothing. Thought it'd be a cool idea though. I didn't give this tower any additional hp.
  • Archers of the eyes was becoming too easy of a strat so I reduced the pop limit down to 90. If you play smart you can still Subo or sth similar.
  • Altered base design slightly near archery range. This will lead to william, beli, and theo being stronger and also will make unit creation a bit better for civs like franks.
  • Removed autobalance. Never truly worked as intended and uber units balance the game enough nowadays.
  • Scout available at 15 minutes instead of 20. Max two scouts.
  • Khan defender initial ap decreased to 75 from 130.

Decided against any new trigger effects changes. I'd have to make two versions in case people didn't use the userpatch and I don't want to do that.

Looked at and tested global and it's programmed fine.

Went through previous threads and reread all comments. I believe I'll be satisfied with the map for awhile. Please rate this version when you can. Sorry for the update so close to the last but the spam message is really annoying and the people I've witnessed it happen to didn't know how to make it stop.

F11:
  • Few complaints about Byz being too weak still so I gave them a free castle at the start. They just cannot be at 4 kings starting. They trump all infantry civs by going instant imperial. Furthermore, it's not hard to trump other strong civs like the koreans either.
  • Minor fix to view exploit.
  • Mordred stop spawning at 20 razes if you bought them and paladins will spawn after 20 razes instead. Ap buffed to +45. Delayed spawn slightly. Mordred were just too annoying.
  • One villager on bottom store again. + Treadmill Crane (this is a happy medium between one and two villagers). I remembered in the past some civs were too strong (e.g. Huns) with this approach (two villagers). Plus with the removal of Mordred (after 20 razes) these civs would be really strong. You still get two villagers if you buy it on the super store when you already have researched imperial age.
  • Super Khan and House Guard/Godzilla stop powering up after 30 minutes. This used to be at 50 minutes but decided to decrease it and was told it'd be a good idea to as well. This should lead to a super khan with 400 ap/godzilla with 600 ap, if you keep your house and buy super khan right away/don't lose HG. This should be plenty to take down a pyramid quick whilst hiding super khan amongst some khan or using hg.
  • Increased super khan initial ap back to 130 from 85. Decreased starting hp by 200 to 350 from 550. That'll give 155 total ap without a house. That's enough to hide it within khan and take down a pyramid in a decent amount of time as well. Hp was reduced due to mordred going away. I realize the khan dies easily in lag... necessary evil.
  • Slight boost to house hp. People are taking out the houses very quickly lately so people don't ever have a chance to buy defender.
  • Bombard tower ap around pyramid is at +280 now (400 total). This will kill the best unit up top (khan) and will kill weaker beli/william/theo/harald.
  • Undead. Such undead tower. 100 ap total This facilitates degrees to entering someone's base. If you want to go to the back you need to suffer the damage. This damage is relatively weak though considering robin has 110 hp so it'd take two hits to kill robin, which is likely the lowest hero you'd bring back there. This tower also has a very short range.
  • Robin 1 king refunded below (4.5 kings)
  • Beli to 100 hp from 115. I made an error putting him at 115. I forgot till now I tried this prior and decided to go with the 1hp/every 20 secs instead of more hp per king. 5 more hp though because people have gotten smarter. 5 more per king shouldn't really amount to much but you never know.
  • Archers of eyes adjusted to 120. With cheaper charlemagne and robin, they aren't as strong. Not to mention with scout available at 15 minutes it's fairly easy to rush them in their base.
  • Frankish changed to 12 hp/2ap every 11 seconds from 13hp/2ap every 11. I changed this to 13 in F8 from 10hp/2ap every 11 but now I'm sure more people will buy it and I don't really want people getting taken out left and right from frankish. There are already many ways to kill people. And Frankish + Super Harald is quite strong...
  • Goths palisade limit increased to 120. Others civs at 65. Goths really do suck... no thumb ring... weaker Martel. More stone is great and all but they really need the higher limit for them to be even with other civs.
  • Haystacks added around perimeter of front of base in water. There are already enough places to land a boat to kill someone in their base.

F8

Here's a list of changes in 2013 F8 that will hopefully be rated soon. This update was mainly to address the scout being OP'ed.

Changes:
    • Frankish 13 hp/2 ap every 11 seconds... from 10 hp/2 ap every 11 secs (frankish still isn't purchased and instead people opt for mordred/khan). This makes it so you essentially purchase one Nevski and powered him up a ton.
    • Scout 3 kings, +12.5k hp, 50 ap... from +17k hp, 100 ap Delayed till 20 minutes instead of 15. (underestimated their power when coupled with friar's bonus healing) Changed in F9. See above.
    • Beli +110 hp ... from +100 hp (people aren't really buying him anymore, minor buff) Changed in F9. See above.
    • Goths +500 stone to help out since they can't build gates
    • Koreans +200 more stone so they can build two castles in the beginning (with researching murder holes). Civ was weakened with the addition of the Mordred Uber Units.
    • Archers of Eyes pop limit decreased to 115 from 139. This still needed tweaking. I realized it'd need to, most likely, be tweaked again after a certain time. Changed in F9. See above.
    • Global Power-up changed to 2 hp, 2ap for military units and 1 hp/ap for everything else except buildings. (It used to be 2hp but I changed it to 1 hp a long time ago. I think it's better suited at 2 hp, 2ap though... If you get global there should be a very slim chance of you losing.) Changed in F9. See above.
    • Altered bases to combat the inability to remove partially built things (haystacks removed on jutted out pieces of road when people buy remove wall).
    • Edit 12/8/2013: forgot to add that Advanced Statistics is Enabled through Voobly. Hit F11 to enable.

Potential bug fix:
    • Added some additional haystacks just incase it glitches and someone happens to get a unit across a barrier of one haystack.

Real bug fix:
    • Fixed view exploit, again. This is the best it's going to get.
    • Fixed bug related to beli hp buy getting shut off for p6.

Rest of the map is fairly solid and as perfect as I believe I'll get it but I've been wrong before. I wish I noticed/someone else would've pointed out before the scouts strength against weaker units (i.e. charlemagne and robin). He's now been nerfed though but still effective with the use of friar tuck's bonus healing... just going to have to hit and run with him.

I hope this is the last update. I'll check the forums still in case anything pops up.

Feel free to comment here about the changes. I may have overlooked something since I only discussed them with one person.

New strats:
    • If you plan on going Williams get the Frankish Paladin with him. Frankish is now stronger so it makes more sense to sneak it in with Williams to kill someone. This is why I didn't upgrade William at all.
    • Don't forget that if you purchase a Friar Tuck on the Super Store you get bonus healing for all monks. This can be used in a variety of ways.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 25 November 2013 - 1:05 pm
Rambo_Pork wrote:
nobody really cares

You cared enough to say no one cares. Failure. :P
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 25 November 2013 - 2:49 pm
Plenty of people play it everyday so yeah it will affect their gameplay. I dont like to be authoritarian either so I'm asking for feedback. F me, right? Everyone has a favorite map too. You're an example of what's wrong with this community. Didn't your parents teach you good manners? Nothing good to say, don't say anything at all. You're a joke.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Rectum_Ranger_

Posted 25 November 2013 - 2:56 pm
Trying to argue with Dan, is trying to bash a wall with your bare fists.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 25 November 2013 - 3:25 pm
All walls come down eventually. I didn't know it was Dan. I thought it was Rambo_Pork. I wouldn't have even responded if I saw that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 25 November 2013 - 8:47 pm
I think trying to argue with dan is more like trying to argue with a schizophrenic crack addict.
anyways,., I'd say all good edits IMO, especially the scout. I noticed this was a problem as well.
1 minor potential exploit someone did one game: dropped a monk off by the (remove haystacks) wall, then converted the paladin used to turn off/on paladin. then hes able to turn off that persons paladin spawn. I had to give him credit for discovering such an inconspicuous loophole, but its still cheating really and should be fixed. simply make the paladin spawn control unit a hero instead i suppose.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 25 November 2013 - 9:49 pm
I think trying to argue with dan is more like trying to argue with a schizophrenic crack addict.
anyways,., I'd say all good edits IMO, especially the scout. I noticed this was a problem as well.
1 minor potential exploit someone did one game: dropped a monk off by the (remove haystacks) wall, then converted the paladin used to turn off/on paladin. then hes able to turn off that persons paladin spawn. I had to give him credit for discovering such an inconspicuous loophole, but its still cheating really and should be fixed. simply make the paladin spawn control unit a hero instead i suppose.

lmao. That's pretty damn funny. It's not worth it to prevent it though. There's already anti-paladin feeding plus Paladins are replaced if they get Mordred. I mean I guess they could continually convert it but they'd seriously have to be uber noob not to buy Mordred after awhile instead of Paladins. Plus, it'd screw up 1v1 games if I changed the unit to something else.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RiversPlate

Edited 10 December 2013 - 1:06 am by RiversPlate
I found new bug today playing V8,. i was p6.. and i got spamed like 40 min..
my vill was not making nathing,, and it started to said on screen , bug map wall removed infinite times..

of course this **** bloqued the sound of the game i was playing,, and big part of my computer screen.. i lose the game thank this bug.. and imediatly made the report on complaints.. checkit and watch it..

I give some sugerences for V9:

-repair the bug of today.. of "bugmap wall remove" (spamed me all the game)

- Fix scout hp.. 17 k hp was okay.. just need put only a limit of only one scout every [You must login to view link] nobody can buy scout (more than one at same time) .. and can buy scout only 2 times in all game

or make this

- Implement a store to buy "scout fury" ( 3 kings) this cud give 15 seconds,, and all scouts out base when 15 seconds past,, die automatic...

-make any store to buy hp to fray turk, and +3 of range.. some civs cant improve the monastery monk range

Example of what hapened me today (40 mins of game)
bug map wall removed bug map wall removed !!
.bug map wall removed bug map wall removed !!

Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 10 December 2013 - 1:17 am
This bug is in previous versions too. I hadn't noticed it till today though sadly...

Just don't build towers and palisade in front of your pyramid for now.

Scout will stay where it is. It's too strong against lower units at 17k. If you get a friar you he bonus healing plus any monks you make get it too so the scout can still be effective with more patience.

Sorry about the spam... I'm really surprised I didn't notice it in earlier versions/no one reported it.

On my phone so sorry about grammar.

I also don't have a working keyboard so I can't fix the spam issue... Plus I'm not sure if I could rate another version so quickly. Or now just don't build towers in your base in front of the pyramid. Walls and gates are fine though.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RiversPlate

Posted 10 December 2013 - 6:49 pm
Other bug found:

yesterday on F8 map.. a player get GLobal power,, Automatic when he send the king numer 19 to top store,, the game stop answer for all players and.. cudnt continue game..

"age of empires 2 not answer" .. of course we all shuld press ctrl+alt+surp open administrator and close the game..

.. so sadly.. this things never happen on F7
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 10 December 2013 - 7:07 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
Other bug found:

yesterday on F8 map.. a player get GLobal power,, Automatic when he send the king numer 19 to top store,, the game stop answer for all players and.. cudnt continue game..

"age of empires 2 not answer" .. of course we all shuld press ctrl+alt+surp open administrator and close the game..

.. so sadly.. this things never happen on F7

Changing the hp/ap powerup shouldn't cause any issue that wasn't there before. In the past versions global caused the game to freeze as well if someone had greater than 300 units. Was this the case? Currently, there's a redirect in place if someone does have more than 300 to prevent it freezing.

Also, if the game was laggy that may have caused the issue too. Nothing I changed should've caused a straight out crash though. Seems like what you experienced was an issue with the engine than the scenario.

Edit: i'll still look over the global triggers once I get a keyboard though.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RiversPlate

Posted 12 December 2013 - 6:46 pm
todayt agian happen the bug of

1hour of game playing with this ****.. ruining game..

If u want to fix a bug, like palizade wall bloquing view, fixit well.. or let people make palizade bug.. thats better than spaming .. and ruin games..

There is no way... i cant dont make walls and let boats and haralds **** me...
Link | Reply | Quote
 KOG_aRe_sHeePz_

Posted 12 December 2013 - 6:54 pm
i like the part where my comments got deleted but those directed towards me are fine
but i did not expect better ;lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 12 December 2013 - 8:32 pm
todayt agian happen the bug of

1hour of game playing with this ****.. ruining game..

If u want to fix a bug, like palizade wall bloquing view, fixit well.. or let people make palizade bug.. thats better than spaming .. and ruin games..

There is no way... i cant dont make walls and let boats and haralds **** me...

I've already given an update to Obscvred/Justin that fixes it. I know it's annoying and I apologize. It will be fixed shortly. For now as I said above just don't build palisade and towers in front of your pyramid.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 31 December 2013 - 7:28 pm
I updated the F9 changes and have told Justin/Obscured that it's finalized to be rated.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 24 posts