Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Random Map > Some very basic tips if you've got a second.

Some very basic tips if you've got a second.

Coast_of_Maine

Edited 15 February 2014 - 6:03 pm by Coast_of_Maine
1.) I seem to have trouble in BF both finding my sheep & boar AND finding the holes in the forest to the opponent. How do you approach it?

2.) When I practice on the computer I use custom hotkeys and can't figure out how to import them to Voobly play. I even played a game online against the cpu and set up custom hotkeys and when played a live opponent they didn't work.

3.) I see a LOT of people play as teams, at least informally. How can I get someone to team up with who is better and doesn't mind shouldering me for a bit?

4.) When you start a game, make your houses and are creating your villagers - what do you do with them before you find your sheep? Put them on wood near the TC?

Thanks!
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 15 February 2014 - 8:27 pm
Use your vills to find the sheep, at least one of them.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PurpleBanana

Posted 24 March 2014 - 9:09 am
Quote:
1.) I seem to have trouble in BF both finding my sheep & boar AND finding the holes in the forest to the opponent. How do you approach it?

BF standard map setting should be explored so you won't prolly have any problems finding your sheeps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ochin

Edited 3 April 2014 - 1:38 am by Ochin
1.) This comes mostly out of mini-map coordination. On an explored map, you can see where the boar, sheep and deer are (they are grey icons on the mini-map), as well as the terrain (such as the wallable gaps), so all you should worry about is determining your obstacles to walling (e.g. the distance, getting loom beforehand, needing support from allies, your opponents (d)rushing etc.).

2.) IDK about this one. Hotkeys that you make in Voobly seem to use the same .hki hotkeys file that are used offline, so it likely also overwrites it. In that case, just repeat your hokey configuration in Voobly, then both will refer to the same hotkeys.

3.) Try find yourself a clan. That way you have a good range of teammates that will also be more likely to help you out (and coach/advise) than a random RMer (I mean, it's in their interest in having a stronger clan - if people even care about that).

4.) It can also be civ dependent. Huns can scout with their villagers to find sheep; Chinese go straight for straggler trees etc. (although I'm noob so don't take this to heart).

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts