Roll The Dice 13.7

syssouffle

Edited 23 March 2014 - 3:18 pm by syssouffle
Hey,

Here are links to v13.7, could staff update plz ?
=> AOC: [You must login to view link]
=> FE: [You must login to view link]

Thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 AustrianPanther

Posted 4 March 2014 - 12:48 am
1, important update
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Edited 16 March 2014 - 12:20 am by syssouffle
Hey,

I forget to update this post, but anyway for any updates take the last version which is avialable in this post (actually v13.7): http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/113146

Sorry for this forgetting.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [GvR]Do0m

Posted 15 March 2014 - 5:11 pm
I don't know if people have already complained about the Slowness of Map Loading to you already, but it really takes ages to load a Very simple looking map. Not many players who play Age of Empires own a very Fast machine (Core i3+), as the Game can only begin only when the Slowest of All player finishes his Game Loading.

I have checked the v13.7, it still takes the same amount to load. Only Micro RTD 12.2 works faster to load. Probably you are Initiating too many triggers at the start of the game at the same time (e.g the Randomness of Spawns etc), or it could be because of the amount of Triggers in place which the game takes time to read or it could be the New software method you are using (PHP Script) to compile map.

I don't remember too much loading time in earlier versions of RTD, it probably started after v12, I guess.

Whatever the reason is, please try to fix it in the next version you work on of RTD. This is the Only Main Drawback of your map, otherwise it is a Great Map.

Thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Edited 15 March 2014 - 9:13 pm by syssouffle
The loading time is due to record enable, if you disable record it won't make so much time. More there are triggers, more the loading time of a recorded game is long.

In v12 there are 8k triggers, in v13 there are almost 16k triggers so the loading time is 2x more longer, there is no way to optimize this, except by removing games features... But it's not the goal of new versions and i guess, anyway, players prefer wait a little bit and play v13 than play v12.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [GvR]Do0m

Edited 17 March 2014 - 5:00 pm by [GvR]Do0m
syssouffle wrote:
The loading time is due to record enable, if you disable record it won't make so much time. More there are triggers, more the loading time of a recorded game is long.

I don't think the intense Loading time is completely due to ENABLE RECORD, it has also something to do with Patch Selection.

I tested the same RTD v13.7 map on UP1.4 Single Player, with Record Game Disabled, it took same exact time to load the game when Record Game is Enabled. Hardly any difference in Multilayer game as well.

Then I tested the Same RTD v13.7 map on 1.0c Patch of AOC Single Player and Multi player, with Record Game Disabled, the game Loaded Smoothly in a Blink of an eye. But when Record game was Enabled the Loading time again increased.

To play a fast game of RTD, players must select Patch 1.0c, if they are not intending to use the Main feature of Spectator and are not concerned with the Stability of the game.

Link | Reply | Quote
 syssouffle

Edited 20 March 2014 - 10:24 pm by syssouffle
UP1.4 always record games, even when you uncheck it, the record is saved by default as "rec.mgx".

Personally i still prefer play with UP1.4 features, and it's cool to be able to view any RTD matches record.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts