Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Custom Scenario > Scenario Design > AOC DOTA v2.02 for 1.0c, and AOC_DOTA_14 for 1.4 patch

AOC DOTA v2.02 for 1.0c, and AOC_DOTA_14 for 1.4 patch

_Ageo_

Edited 17 March 2016 - 12:13 pm by _Ageo_
Hi, all i just wanted to share with you awesome map that i play on gr , that is right, AOC Dota, a map thats similar to well known Dota game. Map isn't mine but you can see that on description when entering by singleplayer and so.. anyway, i think that this map deserves more attention.
You have 2 lines, 2 armies (p4 and p8) fighting. You have p1,p2,p3 p4(comp) vs p5, p6 p7 p8(comp) (not sure if its playable when players are p4/p8). In start you get elite unit from civ that you picked (random/picked) and everyone can respawn when they die. By getting kills, you earn levels (ap-attack points+hp-health points), but the bigger lvl you get, the more kills for next lvl is needed. Every team has it's own place where he can manipulate with buildings of p4/p8. That is possible only when player steps on a carpet that is near the building that player wants to control. The place where each player can control buildings(to upgrade p4/p8s army or techs) is on the southern-west corner of the map. When player moves from the carpet for example, while upgrading heated shot (gives+3 ap to towers) in unversity, the building disapeares and you have to start discovering it again. Some upgrades(teches) are instantly discovered when you have resources, some need normal time to do so.
You can also buy untis from the castle by discovering conscription and getting king so you can choose what to buy and support your teams army (p4/p8 controls bought units). You can buy cav,arch, infatry, mixed, rams(if players from team 1 upgraded kts to cav/pala, they get what they upgraded when buying).
The game is tactical, use each civs specialty to win game. Goal is to destory other castle.
If you wanna host it, settings are: HIGH resources, difficutly standard(or higher), explored, conquest, pop not matter, p4 p8 are byz comps (must). You can play 2v2 or 1v1 but then put all comps except players, because comps get autokicked(except p4 p8). By destroying camp (big tent and 2 small tents) you conquer that base with towers if those towers are still standing. Each team has 2 camps, and if both camps get destroyed+ gate in main base=that teams army starts to retreat+every building of enemy comp gets 1 hp, including castle( this is done in order to shorten time playing dota).
There are more things about bonuses, p1 and p5 choosing to alove some options and so on, but that to much writting for me.
Hope you like it, ask questions, comment, spread it, we wanna play this on voobly as well. GL HF
Attachments:
AOC DOTA 202____.scx (file size: 121.03 KB)
AOC_DOTA_14.scx (file size: 521.71 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 CrunchyNapkin

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:06 am
played it and was a fun map
Link | Reply | Quote
 _CoGu

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:46 am
Well, I support your cause cuz dota is indeed a fun map and strategic too. I hope they include it in rated play.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_MD_]DaGhostInside

Posted 13 March 2014 - 1:12 am
I dont like the map..it should be more then that.
I wanted to make a dota map with a layout that looks like dota the most possible.
I had a lot of ideas,but mostly it would need heavy modding for sure.

Here is the layout i started, anyone feel free to finish it i just dont have the patience.
Attachments:
AoC DotA layout start.scx (file size: 30.7 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 13 March 2014 - 9:13 am
Oh yeah, I know this, I listed older version in http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/170230 topic. Thanks for map, I'll update file.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CrunchyNapkin

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:13 am
CS players are interested in points and abusing new players for them
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ageo_

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:49 am
lol either way i ll spread THE WORD! xD ppl can later abuse others in dota map xD
Link | Reply | Quote
 _CoGu

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:58 am
Once it gets popular then technical team gonna upgrade it and fix bugs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Laochra

Posted 13 March 2014 - 1:12 pm
support, fun little map
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Phleg

Edited 19 November 2016 - 6:09 pm by [MM]Phleg
One of my favourite maps :)

Since making the AOC_DOTA_14 fix I have also added Level Names to Units - AOC_DOTA_1,4rc

Subsequent to this:

AOC_DOTA_1,4_v1,03 has added Sound Effects, cleaned up Messages and added Herbal Medicine (in Monastery): cost 350gold - doubles the heal rate for all your Team's Healers.

AOC_DOTA_1,4_v1,04 fixed bugs in 1,03.

AOC_DOTA_v3 - Options to use 'Hard Mode', 'Endless Blockades', 'Heroic Towers', 'Captain of the Guard'; added Hire Skirmishers 300food 200gold (by Conscription King); P4/P8 can be ANY civ; Killed by Whom Messages; Improved Level Name system; Improved Teuton Conveyor system.*

HARD MODE - Blacksmith upgrades also affect P4/P8 units, towers and castle
ENDLESS BLOCKADES - Leave middle fences with no ends
HEROIC TOWERS - Garrison unit in Tower for extra +3 attack, or in Castle for extra +6 attack
CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD - Unique Unit comes from Castle if enemy in homeland every 3 minutes (1000 kills = Elite)

*current Beta in playtesting phase.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RuN_BaBy_RuN

Posted 15 November 2016 - 3:57 pm
great map

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 11 out of 11 posts