Battleship Blood - RATED on the sea

Poll: Do you want to make rated game the Battleship Blood mod?
Aye, and I will play it usually. Yarr!
Aye, but I will play it only sometimes.
I'm neutral, I will play only non-rated version.
I don't care, I'm a landlubber.
Please NOOO!!! Stop making new maps!
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 2 July 2014 - 5:42 pm by [MM]Gallas
awesome map !! i just played it.. Very good one. A few suggestions
1. please remove the mass killing buttons for center and base. its not needed. Allow skill to be supreme, instead of pressing some button and undoing a whole lot of skill.
2. the ship with 15 attack is too strong a choice to start with. its like saracen of cba. I dont think anyone will chose the other 3.
3. can we have the positioning fixed for colors, like cba? Makes it easier to play 1v1 as otherwise the distance is too far to make a rush
4. Is there a way to build extra army after certain amount of kills ? Only 40 is not enough to complete a rush.

Thanks again for this kickass map. I will be hooked onto this one for sure. :)

I'm glad you like it. Here my answers:

1. Middle blast not that strong vs good players than you think. You have to decide where you use your wood: blasting middle when sbody make a mistake and sending too much boat to middle, or save it if you get trouble at endgame and make panic, or block strong player's creating to slow him down. If sbody just use it on middle, he could miss more important moments later.

2. Trust me, it's not that strong. It's start with 15 attack, but reloading time 12 sec (trebuchet 10 sec) which means 1.25 attack / sec + this unit move slowly and have minimal range. While Ramming boat hit 4 under 2 sec (+2dmg weakness dmg) thats mean total 3dmg / sec. All ship have strong and weak points, which means if you focus on one type and enemy can figure it out, you will lose. Better mixing ships and using them in different situations, than focus on one type only. And while you making one ship only and I make 2-3, I get back max pop faster than you. All about practicing ;captain

3. I'm sorry about you don't like it, but thats one of the uniqueness of this map. I wanted a random base blood map which less predictable at start. Not like: "if you are p1 then you have to ally with p3 p5 to make sure nobody between us" tactic. You could be face to face to enemy, or you can be the one, who break the perfect positioning. Randomizing make it more interesting.

4. The max pop is in all unit-creator trigger, so it could be a bit tricky to increase that. I'm not saying not possible, but not aimed to make it more than 40. If you wanna rush sbody you have block his creator units (accursed tower buttons). You can also work together with your team mates and not let the targeted enemy even able to make decent navy while under the rushing.

SoyYo wrote:
Wonder who knows more about AoE and its games: if someone with his Voobly acc from three years back (probably from Zone too which is way before) or someone with a half-year old acc.
Please, don't tell anyone who works for the community that they won't be missed if you haven't done anythong for it. It's very easy to criticize without arguments.

I haven't tried the map, but it does looks promising and different of course. I'll playit when I have time.

I started playing around 2000-2001 with aoe2 (got aoe1 -1 year), but I just played campaign with 1.0 ^^
Around 2005 played first time multiplayer and 2006 was the year when I made my first 2-8player map (you won't find it nowhere, I guarantee it).
2009 was the year, when I made my first bigger success with my Vampire Resurrection map (map's latest version here on voobly too). First time when I was curious about Voobly was, when [You must login to view link] contest published. And started modding at 2013 September, so yeah, I had some year with aoe2 (ofc not continuously, but still years).

SoyYo, don't even notice this person. He/she? is just mad, because he/she? cannot steal this map. (yes, I heard about what is he/she? doing here on Voobly).

Link | Reply | Quote

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:19 pm
the map is beautiful but there is only one problem.........:
are you the creator

will not say that the mod is bad I love, but with a person like you feel bad play.
a bad loser, a rookie player, so bad that when you step to play your games where touts the map and you win, he ignore you. He needs his friends come to play and give deaths to be the first to reach the final unit.

gallas i win u and you block me.

please stop creating maps where if you lose you go to mourn.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 15 July 2014 - 8:55 am by [MM]Gallas
gallas i win u and you block me.

What?

Under 3 years of playing in Voobly I have total 10 blocked person. All of them had a reason to move them to that list. If I would block for reason as you said, then the list should be bigger. :S

Now I removed your name so it's just 9.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_Sakha]ALAMDAR

Posted 6 August 2014 - 8:56 pm
I like this map but its kinda too long need to add some new techs/shortcuts.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 19 out of 19 posts