CBA w/ random effects

Barsta

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:37 pm
With all the fuss about CBA these days I found myself thinking about ways to diversify the maps people play.

The obvious solution is something that starts with the things CBA players like and has additional complexity.

We start with CBA as a base and add a random chance of additional effects. I'll give an example.

At the start it is randomly determined that every player will start with five genghis khans. This changes the gameplay a bit and adds more variety to the map.

Does this sound like something you would find entertaining? Note that I'm not volunteering to make it, I just want to see if its a popular concept.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 1:02 pm
I'm not finding this idea that great :(
I had in my Blood of the Hill map random events and the feedback about it was not really good.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Barsta

Posted 23 August 2014 - 9:19 pm
[MM]Gallas wrote:
I'm not finding this idea that great :(
I had in my Blood of the Hill map random events and the feedback about it was not really good.

Yea I know. Thats why im saying add them to CBA to spice up the gameplay a bit.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ghost_0

Posted 1 September 2014 - 2:11 pm
Barsta wrote:
With all the fuss about CBA these days I found myself thinking about ways to diversify the maps people play.

The obvious solution is something that starts with the things CBA players like and has additional complexity.

We start with CBA as a base and add a random chance of additional effects. I'll give an example.

At the start it is randomly determined that every player will start with five genghis khans. This changes the gameplay a bit and adds more variety to the map.

Does this sound like something you would find entertaining? Note that I'm not volunteering to make it, I just want to see if its a popular concept.
I think it will be good
Link | Reply | Quote
 SoyYo

Posted 1 September 2014 - 2:40 pm
I dont think that would be fair at all.
For example, sarracens vs aztecs. Sarracens would easyly kill aztecs Khans because of them being faster and could attack those Khans with full pop, them run.
After that, if it's a team game, 5 khanz vs aztecs could do the whole work while all sarra units are occupied with another enemy.
I think same situation would happen for fast civs (ranged ones: spanish, mongols, even maya) against slow ones.
Persians would be an exception because with a good shield to khans they can kill all (dont know if sarra).
So this would do two things:
1) overpower a couple of civs
2) give less or no chances to some civs (celts, vikings, aztecs, franks...)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts