Are sound mods possible?

[Saint]Patience_N_Time

Posted 5 October 2014 - 3:24 am
I know some may like the sound of AOC noises and effects. I have been playing for over 13 years and I hate em, so much I need music to drown out the annoying noises. From the sheep to the loud ass war gong alerts. Is there anyway possible to enhance the sounds? Perhaps add my own sounds? Even Download new sounds that someone else created. I think this would be cool addition to AOC for anyone interested.

Anyone have any thoughts? Or would like to see this implemented add your thoughts and opinions please thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Edited 5 October 2014 - 4:54 am by 23RaidingParty
in DATA folder, "sounds.drs" and "sounds_x1.drs" files contain gameplay sounds
if you decompress them you'll find .wav files
you can replace the ones that you hate with a silent .wav file with the same name, then compress it again into .drs file and replace it with default

you can use this tool to manage the .drs files
[You must login to view link]

note: don't open the .wav files that you're going to use in your final .drs file because that may make game crash. if you want to listen to a .wav file you made, make a copy and listen to the copy.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Saint]Patience_N_Time

Posted 9 October 2014 - 2:27 am
Thanks a bunch, I'll see what I can do and share the results.
Link | Reply | Quote
 fT3g0

Posted 25 December 2014 - 1:34 am
I am very interested in a sound mod. I would actually prefer if it is kept in the old style, but the sound quality is being cleared up a bit, the attack warnings are turned down a little and maybe a few sounds are added or it is somehow diversified (maybe different weapon sounds for units that obviously fight with different weapons).
Good luck man!

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts