Is counter civ an issue on AoE2?

Poll: Preventing your opponent from seeing what civ you pick before the game start be a nice feature here?
Yes
No
 LNC_GoldenAxe

Edited 26 October 2014 - 12:31 pm by LNC_GoldenAxe
Hello everyone ;alucard ,

I'm an AoT player, so awhile ago we found a solution for counter civ ing on AoT Voobly, WarriorMario created a little program that allowed us to select our civ before Voobly launched AoT and after the game would launch our civ would appear as a question mark in the game so that our opponent couldn't see which civ we picked. Which prevented him from picking a counter civ.

I did try to contact Elusive to see if he could integrate this into Voobly's rooms for AoT so that everyone could pick their civ in the room and no one would know what civ we were picking. No response from him, I guess the AoT community isn't that important to him as the AoE2 community is. So would you guys be interested in this kind of feature for AoE2? Not sure if this is even a issue here but if it is and you guys would like this feature applied here, I'm sure WarriorMario can create a similiar program for AoE2. In this case Elusive will probably intergrate this feature into Voobly game rooms for AoE2. Once he does it for you guys, I'm sure he would copy past that code over to AoT Voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ExpectoPatronum

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:54 am
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/180256 ;whistling ;whistling
Link | Reply | Quote
 MegaPr0

Edited 26 October 2014 - 10:59 am by MegaPr0
There's already an feature like that, it is called "Hidden Civ Feature", it's so annoyng btw :S

AoE2 is commonly played with random civs or Mirror civs, is rare to see someone picking civ
Link | Reply | Quote
 LNC_GoldenAxe

Edited 26 October 2014 - 12:31 pm by LNC_GoldenAxe
What a shame, you guys already have this feature and not us? I bet Elusive used our idea for AoE2 and just left us with nothing. :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 MegaPr0

Edited 26 October 2014 - 11:13 am by MegaPr0
What a shame, you guys already have this feature and not us? I bet Exclusive used our idea for AoE2 and just left us with nothing. :(

No problem mate, was a good suggestion anyway ;P (even when i don't like this feature lol)
Don't be ashamed, feel proud of try to contribute to the community :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts