CBA FFA

_PointTrader_

Edited 10 January 2015 - 4:45 am by _PointTrader_
Excellent news. We really need this. Every day feels like we're playing a broken map.

I don't think 4k every 5 minutes is too much. A good game where everyone fights and doesn't camp lasts about 1:30 hour, that's the kind of game we should aim for. We currently get 300k of everything. Adding 48k in the first hour on top of that won't do much to discourage resource conscious individuals from camping, and that's if you get all 12 bonuses in an hour. It will encourage more fighting, yes, knowing if your resources get low you can go back and camp while you wait for bonuses, but it won't solve the issue completely. Time will tell.

Lack of resources is the main problem with FFA, the Hidden Wall Bug is second. That's where trebs come in. We need more than one every 30 minutes. That period works in Hero because it's just a nice plus, people ignore it all the time. But in CBA FFA it's crucial in order to counter the invisible wall. Now there's only 0-2 players per game exploiting the wall bug. Maybe we shouldn't saturate the map with trebs because of those players? Maybe what monk_freak suggested would work best, not allowing towers inside the base and not allowing walls/palisades outside completely solves this issue. Alternatively you could give everyone siege rams. Brit, Jap and Korea are already handicapped by their lack of strong units, having only capped rams makes them useless against a pro camper.

And while you're taking suggestions, please remove heated shot from this map, along with the bonus towers have against camels. This is a thing from regular Age of Empires and RM games, it has no place in CBA FFA. It's not an issue in CBA team games because towers don't play an important role there, but in FFA many players build their 50 towers outside and 20 towers inside. Camels get completely obliterated when they walk by a cluster of enemy towers. It makes pushing against Paladin civs harder than necessary. And it's not like camels are overpowered in the first place, they're just a one trick pony (or camel). I don't see the justification for keeping that bonus in this map.

I also agree with doing something about Persia. Poor Persia gets gang banged by every rushing civ at the beginning of a game. And if it manages to survive and imps, it's automatic gg (unless monk_freak is around). I say cut his pop down to 30 when he imps or some other number we should test. It should remain the strongest civ when using castle units, but not so strong that most players can't do anything about it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 10 January 2015 - 1:28 am
All these threads were started by a Stallion__ , he is from pakistan ;drool
This is his old acc: [WaR__]Unicorn__

Don't really see where he is from has anything to do with this topic.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Black_Pearl_

Posted 10 January 2015 - 4:32 am
4k per 3 mins or 8-10k in 5-6 mins would be better. It gives around 80k in an hour which is somewhat more comparable to 300k which players get in current map. 4k per 5 mins make it 48k per hour, wont encourage many players not to camp.........
Link | Reply | Quote
 PutinVladimir

Posted 10 January 2015 - 7:16 am
Anyone, even the most difficult camp can be destroyed, spending no more than 50 to the resources, if you know how to attack not as stupid zombies. Most players attack the camp like a complete **** and wonder that they run out of resources. If they do not know how to play it's their problem, they do not deserve to win. Endless resources invented one of these ****s and immediately introduced without a vote FFA players.
FFA is not a problem in the camps, the problem is the players who like to join a team and help each other in case of danger of their camp. Here in this situation is unrealistic to break the enemy camp, because that game 2 to 1.
Do this as a mod, or the weak of civilizations, the Aztecs, the Goths, the Maya and m trench will not survive against the zombie blunt with paladins.
FFA rip for me if this **** introduce, freedom of zombies with Paladin.
The whole world changed for the ****s
Link | Reply | Quote
 3AKOH

Posted 10 January 2015 - 9:04 am
_Hacks wrote:
You can camp as much as you want in the cba v16. Camp on your own risk with your camping group of players.
Your maps name suggests that all CBA FFA games should be played using your map only. Rename it to something less confusing, and the problem is solved.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:41 am
Anyone, even the most difficult camp can be destroyed, spending no more than 50 to the resources, if you know how to attack not as stupid zombies. Most players attack the camp like a complete **** and wonder that they run out of resources. If they do not know how to play it's their problem, they do not deserve to win. Endless resources invented one of these ****s and immediately introduced without a vote FFA players.
FFA is not a problem in the camps, the problem is the players who like to join a team and help each other in case of danger of their camp. Here in this situation is unrealistic to break the enemy camp, because that game 2 to 1.
Do this as a mod, or the weak of civilizations, the Aztecs, the Goths, the Maya and m trench will not survive against the zombie blunt with paladins.
FFA rip for me if this **** introduce, freedom of zombies with Paladin.
The whole world changed for the ****s

Its not INFINITE RESOURCES. Its a middle tribute based on player's standing at middle. In this way, camping at castles wont make sense anymore. Each 5 minutes 4k G F W S which are nothing if u keep pumping paladins, but if you gather a lot, you will make sure your enemy will be out of res. If someone is too scared to attack, it dosent mean the other player will have to make a super skill attack to break his camp. Now when you camp you will lose, in this way players will be encouraged to compete like a real man\woman with complete fairness on both player's side.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:44 am
3AKOH wrote:
Your maps name suggests that all CBA FFA games should be played using your map only. Rename it to something less confusing, and the problem is solved.

By asking me to change map name, im sure you will still play the normal cba for ffa games. And i already said camp in cba v16 on your own risk. Other players want to play this map to have much fun. The name will stay the same.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Black_Pearl_

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:53 am
3AKOH wrote:

Why so much fuss about map name? We already have a separate map for 1v1 and that doesn't necessarily mean that all 1v1 games are played on that map. Same case here. Players still do have choice to host any of the maps they want to play ffa.
Link | Reply | Quote
 3AKOH

Edited 10 January 2015 - 1:35 pm by 3AKOH
Why so much fuss about map name? We already have a separate map for 1v1 and that doesn't necessarily mean that all 1v1 games are played on that map. Same case here. Players still do have choice to host any of the maps they want to play ffa.
Can you tell me what is the difference between CBA and CBA 1v1 Whats the reason to launch 1v1 if ordinary CBA has an embedded 1v1 mode from CBA 1v1?

This new ffa map completely changes all cba ffa gameplay: the game becomes much simpler to play, you dont need to think about your future, about your resources. Just attack everyone you see on the map. Attack, attack, attack. Click your mouse buttons until you get heart attack. No reason to improve your attack skills, no reason to improve your camping skills, no reason to think about 1v1 / 1v2 stage. If you control the center and managed to push your enemy to his base - you won. This is de facto the new map whick has no right to be named as the good old cba ffa mode.

Imagine if someone said "- I dont want to buy my units, they need to be spawned automatically" and made the new CBA. What should this mapmaker do, name it as the old CBA, or give it its own name (CBA HERO). How can you host ordinary CBA if these de facto different maps got the same name.

I will tell you what will happen when you will host a CBA FFA 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1:
some angry players will leave your already launched game demanding for CBA (or CBA FFA if you are hosting CBA) map.
Dont use an old CBA FFA brand, name it CBA Anticamp and see its real popularity =)
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 10 January 2015 - 2:00 pm
3AKOH wrote:
no reason to improve your camping skills

This made me laugh. You don't need to improve your camping skills. Camping is against game's rules. No wonder how aoc cs have only 20 pro players coz others are total noobs based on camping.
Link | Reply | Quote
 3AKOH

Posted 10 January 2015 - 5:06 pm
_Hacks wrote:
Camping is against game's rules.
RLY? Where can i read about it? Give me the link, please.
Camping is a part of cba ffa, where we dont play 1v1 or 4v4. Sometimes you have to play 1v2 or even 1v3. If they pushed you to your base and your camping skills are low -- you die. With your map this situation will mean an inevitable death.
You dont know what does the term FFA CAMPING mean. It isnt the type of camping which you can see in 1v1 games where it just prevents people from playing (and which is forbidden). There are NO undefeatable camps in cba ffa since unlimited towers bug was fixed.
You can build anything you want, but good players (such as PutinVladimir) will kill you using minimal amount of gold. I can show you the camp which you wont penetrate (99% possibility that you wont be able to kill me even with imped pers), but the issue will be your skill level, not my camp.
Most of the cba ffa players are newcomers with bad attack skills, so you are lowering the level of skill required for cba ffa down to their level. Yes, they will will more games in your cba ffa map, but doesnt mean that they will became pro. They will simply get no motivation to improve.

Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 10 January 2015 - 6:42 pm
3AKOH wrote:
RLY? Where can i read about it? Give me the link, please.
Camping is a part of cba ffa, where we dont play 1v1 or 4v4. Sometimes you have to play 1v2 or even 1v3. If they pushed you to your base and your camping skills are low -- you die. With your map this situation will mean an inevitable death.
You dont know what does the term FFA CAMPING mean. It isnt the type of camping which you can see in 1v1 games where it just prevents people from playing (and which is forbidden). There are NO undefeatable camps in cba ffa since unlimited towers bug was fixed.
You can build anything you want, but good players (such as PutinVladimir) will kill you using minimal amount of gold. I can show you the camp which you wont penetrate (99% possibility that you wont be able to kill me even with imped pers), but the issue will be your skill level, not my camp.
Most of the cba ffa players are newcomers with bad attack skills, so you are lowering the level of skill required for cba ffa down to their level. Yes, they will will more games in your cba ffa map, but doesnt mean that they will became pro. They will simply get no motivation to improve.

REFUSING TO PLAY

(Warning, -150 points, Temporary Ban, Permanent Ban)
When a player shows no visible sign of using their mouse or keyboard. 5 minutes of gameplay time needed as minimum. Time limit void if words expressing intent by the offender are coupled with demonstrable in-game action (i.e. not playing). Does not apply if player is demonstrably present and has legitimate reasons (see below).
This offense also includes what is termed "extreme camping" to avoid inevitable loss (e.g. Aztecs camp inside their castles vs ranged civ while playing CBA / CBA Hero, etc.). Any delaying tactic with such obvious intent (stalling long enough to convince players to quit the game) can be an example.
Exceptions can be made for AoC/AoK CS games where not moving units is advantageous and part of gameplay (i.e. CBA Hero), excluding clear and obvious game delay camping.
These offenses apply regardless of the game's outcome (win or loss for those affected). Evidence showing further violations of this nature in an attempt to combat the original offense may warrant a warning or full punishment themselves if deemed equally disruptive to the game.

Banning And Rating Policies:
http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/67/Banning-and-Rating-Policies

Here you go. start reading such threads. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 3AKOH

Posted 10 January 2015 - 7:31 pm
Exceptions can be made for AoC/AoK CS games where not moving units is advantageous and part of gameplay (i.e. CBA Hero), excluding clear and obvious game delay camping.
Looks like you dont read all the parts of rules and my messages that you dont like.

You answer to my messages like a typical troll. I post my arguments but you ignore them and answer with "This made me laugh." or highlight some out of context quote.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Edited 10 January 2015 - 8:10 pm by _Hacks
excluding clear and obvious game delay camping. rofl you call 10 hours camp a part of a game play? if you do then you are stupid.
Link | Reply | Quote
 3AKOH

Edited 11 January 2015 - 8:35 am by 3AKOH
_Hacks wrote:
excluding clear and obvious game delay camping. rofl you call 10 hours camp a part of a game play? if you do then you are stupid.
Again. You read only sentences that you like.
READ THIS. This type of camping happens almost every game
Quote:
Im telling you that camping is an essential feature of cba ffa but you prefer to dont see it.
I wonder how many players were punished for "10 hours camp". 100? 10? 1? or maybe ZERO? Show us some cases to prove that this problem is big enough to completely destroy traditional cba ffa.
Quote:
then you are stupid.
Ad hominem arguments never stop working ;drool Especially when you have no other arguments.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]34
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 60 posts