Gwarz and Drow Design

Barsta

Posted 8 April 2015 - 4:05 pm
Hi

People have been asking me nicely (yea right) to take a look at the design issues surrounding gwarz and deathrow.

These are mainly:

Balance of certain unique units
Hero spawn kill issues
Late game being a stalemate

For the issue of UU's the only solution I can think of is restricting the population as I already did for gwarz elephants. An alternative is simply not allowing UU's and making gwarz be equal(ish) between all civs. I can then add balance for the UU's in drow.

Hero spawn kills are an issue because not all bases are the same. I tried to make it impossible to spawn kill a hero in an old AC version but it messed up the spawns for some colours. I obviously can't make it so there is no death on spawn as that would allow them to be blocked permanently. I need advice on this particular problem.

As for the stalemate issue. I'm open to suggestions.

One possible solution is that after you get 2500 kills and 40 razes that you get a global powerup on sabs. This could become increasingly powerful in increments
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 8 April 2015 - 4:35 pm
i hear rams solve everything
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 8 April 2015 - 5:36 pm
inb4 barry makes drow/gwarz unplayable
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]And1zeas

Posted 8 April 2015 - 5:38 pm
Randomly spawning castles would help this map a lot.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]And1zeas

Posted 8 April 2015 - 5:39 pm
Or could remove the big main Island completely, and let the fighting take place solely on the berry Island!
It's the best part of this map anyway.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 8 April 2015 - 5:46 pm
Or could remove the big main Island completely, and let the fighting take place solely on the berry Island!
It's the best part of this map anyway.

+1

we finally agree on something!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 8 April 2015 - 7:47 pm
Maybe for enemy units on your spawn flag - have a timer and if they stay on that spot for more than 5 secs or something have it removed, this would allow you to kill very weak hereos that try and use that trick!!!

When you talk about the balance of certain unique units, I think you are only really talking about sar/pers ... which tbh I quite like the current thing, allow like 20 ellies and no more ? and then sara maybe allow 30?

Late game being a stalemate - quite literally I think after sabs you should add super sabs so sabs are at 2500 kills and 40 raze if my memory serves me right, maybe at 2750 kills and 45 razes you should add sabs at 200hp? could be an idea ive been saying for years to add cobras but this is a more realistic approach!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Icey

Posted 8 April 2015 - 10:30 pm
inb4 barry makes drow/gwarz unplayable
How many ****ing times you going to use the same insult?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Posted 8 April 2015 - 10:58 pm
Just leave it alone
Link | Reply | Quote
 Faravahar

Posted 8 April 2015 - 11:42 pm
There shouldn't be a limit to any UU, we play mirror after all.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]DJ

Posted 9 April 2015 - 9:07 am
Just fix hero kill spawns, the rest is fine.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 11 out of 11 posts