Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > X-Wing Series > Steam Version of XvT, Multiplayer, GameRanger

Steam Version of XvT, Multiplayer, GameRanger

Blakhart

Edited 4 May 2015 - 1:15 am by Blakhart
Hello All Old and New XvT players.

Some of you may remember BoTS_PanzerGR or FURY_Blackhart from MSN GameZone and BattleStats. Whether you do or not, hello.

Recently saw that STEAM had the entire Tie and X-wing series games for sale and I purchased the lot. Figured if nothing else I would LAN with my stepson and he could enjoy them as I once had. Unfortunately the game completely crashed every time I attempted to do a Host Game or a direct IP connect directly from the game.

I saw that many folks were using Voobly, so I tried that as well. No Joy. I would Launch the game from the Lobby just fine, and vice versa he could launch the game.... but then the other one wouldn't connect.

Tried G@me R@ng3r and it worked perfectly. If anyone out there is having difficulties with their Steam version of the game I would highly recommend the G@me R@ng3r client as a launching platform. It isnt as nice as Voobly in that there is no dedicated "Xwing Lobby". You have to manually search for a XvT Game Room out of a massive list of games. However, if you use the Friends list and invite Friends to your game via that it is easy as pie.

If anyone ever wants to try and hook up a game with me, add me as a friend. Im using the handle "Blakhart" on G@me R@ng3r. I moved to Australia 7 years ago so my time schedule will be different to you USA based boys but I'm sure from time to time arrangements could be made.

GLHF
Link | Reply | Quote
 [NSNS]Keeper_

Edited 3 June 2015 - 9:31 pm by [NSNS]Keeper_
Yo BlackHeart, I've been playing on G@me R@nger.
No chat lobby or forums which suck, but there are game rooms people create.
I've been on there off and on.
Hope to see you there!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [G_P_S]__Taz

Edited 25 December 2016 - 8:09 am by [G_P_S]__Taz
No clue why I wandered in but.......

BoTS_Taz (21099), still hanging around somewhere.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Roerik

Posted 10 January 2017 - 2:17 am
Sup guys, i bought the game recently , hope to see you guys around for some multiplayers.

search me on steam

僕のM E M E

Link | Reply | Quote
 [NSNS]Keeper_

Edited 11 February 2017 - 11:16 am by [NSNS]Keeper_
Check out G@me R@ger and Discord!
[You must login to view link]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts