AoC Not Working?

HughMyron

Edited 26 June 2015 - 4:14 pm by HughMyron
Every time I try to open an AoC lobby I get a message box saying an game installation problem has been detected. It has a log that says:

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\userpatch'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\userpatch\language_x1.dll' exists...
Failure!

The file was not found at the location the registry said it should be. The registry keys need to either be fixed or the game needs to be moved to the proper location.

Using windows 8, the issue just started today, everything was fine yesterday.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 26 June 2015 - 5:19 pm
Hi HughMyron.
Thank you for using our Technical Support Forums!

To fix your issue, just simple do this:
  1. Open your Voobly directory folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly)
  2. next, again in that open gamedata folder.
  3. now inside there you can see "aoc" folder - right click on it and hold Shift key and delete it.
  4. once you done, just rejoin the game lobby and patch data will again download and install by it self, that's it.
Note: While performing this, please make sure to exit (sign out) your Voobly client.

Wish this should work for you, Have fun =)
Link | Reply | Quote
 HughMyron

Edited 27 June 2015 - 1:06 am by HughMyron
ok found the file and deleted it but still have the same problem
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 27 June 2015 - 9:07 am
• Do this Clean installation of Voobly client
- If still your problem persists, reinstall your game as well.
Link | Reply | Quote
 HughMyron

Posted 27 June 2015 - 3:53 pm
thanks, tried both multiple times but the same problem still. If I join a lobby and the game launches I get error boxes saying "Language Files not found"
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 27 June 2015 - 4:24 pm
HughMyron wrote:
Every time I try to open an AoC lobby I get a message box saying an game installation problem has been detected. It has a log that says:

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\userpatch'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\userpatch\language_x1.dll' exists...
Failure!

The file was not found at the location the registry said it should be. The registry keys need to either be fixed or the game needs to be moved to the proper location.

Using windows 8, the issue just started today, everything was fine yesterday.

Make sure these files are not detected by your antivirus. if they are, then exclude them.
Link | Reply | Quote
 HughMyron

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:11 pm
_Hacks wrote:
Make sure these files are not detected by your antivirus. if they are, then exclude them.

thanks but already tried that.

I did notice that in the error box it says "Verifying'c:\programfiles(x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\aocpatch\language_x1.dll' exists...
Failure!"

however the language files in the voobly folder are called: Language_x1_p1

could this be part of the problem?

if I skip the error message and try to join a game, when the lobby is launched I get an error box saying "language files not found"
Link | Reply | Quote
 HurtsyHurst

Posted 28 June 2015 - 6:46 am
I am having the exact same issue. I tried renaming the file however found that there was no \thing contained in the file.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [CLB]FrostShot

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:53 am
Download this[You must login to view link]
and copy and remplace C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\gamedata\aoc
Link | Reply | Quote
 Preston

Posted 5 July 2015 - 8:17 am
Hey, i have the same problem "Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\language_x1.dll' exists...
Failure!

The file was not found at the location the registry said it should be. The registry keys need to either be fixed or the game needs to be moved to the proper location." i have done the following steps but... the error still persists .. Please help !
Link | Reply | Quote
 [CLB]FrostShot

Posted 5 July 2015 - 4:30 pm
Uninstall Voobly delete this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly
Download last client http://www.voobly.com/updates/voobly-v2.2.4.35.exe install it as administrator
And try again if the problem persist.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 11 out of 11 posts