Hotkeys for technologies? Why not!

Poll: What do you think about a mod to make hotkeys for technologies?
I like the idea and will use it
I like the idea, but won't use it
I'm neutral, don't care about it
This is a bad idea, don't make it
 FrightNight

Posted 24 July 2015 - 6:52 pm
gallas u always got a really new useful idea, this new one is pretty good but u will have to develop it well so that we don't confuse hotkeys (obviously :P).
I appreciate the effort u make to keep Voobly OnTOP as always ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 24 July 2015 - 6:58 pm by [MM]Gallas
Thanks for all positive feedback, I will keep up this topic for few days.

Kanelbulle wrote:
I will use this with pleasure if it's a visual mod, and not a thing that all players need to use to make the game work
Sadly only possible as game mod (and won't make it for other game mods too, that's too much work to make one by one from scratch).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [AoHD]Little_Yo

Posted 24 July 2015 - 7:16 pm
It's a great idea, especially for people with gaming keyboards (with a lot of macro keys etc...)
But I don't think it will benefit people with a normal keyboard ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ylboon

Posted 24 July 2015 - 7:33 pm
I will try if it is like this, for example, in blacksmith only below hotkeys are available:
q w e
a s
Link | Reply | Quote
 HappyPalmTree

Posted 24 July 2015 - 8:16 pm
it could allow true GRID layout hotkeys! is it possible to add the hotkeys to the option menu too so they're rebindable?
Link | Reply | Quote
 hellishere

Posted 24 July 2015 - 8:27 pm
I think it is needed for important researches like fletching , bodkin arrow which almost every body does in a game
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 24 July 2015 - 8:39 pm by [MM]Gallas
Ylboon wrote:
I will try if it is like this, for example, in blacksmith only below hotkeys are available:
q w e
a s
Which tech what binds will get is not decided yet, but I can only use Unit train binds. You can customize for your taste later, but then the original unit's will change too (will give full list what where used in mod's page).
Link | Reply | Quote
 y_dwr

Posted 24 July 2015 - 8:44 pm
Can you modify the rules which forces the players' sight to go back to the object selected by him with the hotkey?For example,clicking "H",the players' view will be taken to a town center.But in fact I want to stay at the battle zone.Of course ,sometimes I want to return to the town ceter.Really,as to the blacksmith,the university ,lumber ,mills,mineral camp ,I select them to upgrade technologies while my view unchanged .
Now is that clear?If possible make both reform please.;smile2
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vadagar

Posted 24 July 2015 - 8:56 pm
Great Idea! Less work for my poor right hand to do!
Link | Reply | Quote
 VIK_dfs

Posted 24 July 2015 - 9:03 pm
You can also add this queuing researches: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 24 July 2015 - 9:28 pm by [MM]Gallas
y_dwr wrote:
Can you modify the rules which forces the players' sight to go back to the object selected by him with the hotkey?For example,clicking "H",the players' view will be taken to a town center.But in fact I want to stay at the battle zone.Of course ,sometimes I want to return to the town ceter.Really,as to the blacksmith,the university ,lumber ,mills,mineral camp ,I select them to upgrade technologies while my view unchanged .
Now is that clear?If possible make both reform please.;smile2
You overestimate me a bit :P

VIK_dfs wrote:
You can also add this queuing researches: [You must login to view link]
This will be a side effect of my mod ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 heygirlhey

Posted 24 July 2015 - 9:30 pm
hotkey for every tech is to much
maybe assign them to numbers from left to right
for example ctrl+s 1 to research forging

+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 _nachio_

Posted 24 July 2015 - 9:39 pm
its because when players clikc some tech and this doesnt get researched and lost the game because u are playing fast and do this mistake, for example the +2 for archers in castle age.. i would like a small windows that shows the % of the teach in progress not only when u go into the balcksmith , i mean a visible bar that shows the progress in the screen of the game.. my english sux too 11....
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:02 pm
It looks like a good idea, but it's not, it's impossible for me to add a hotkey for every tech.
There are already so much hotkeys.
I have hotkey's "go to blacksmith" and "go to university", 1 more click and you don't need so much extra hotkeys...
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_M_Ransom

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:19 pm
Yes to the hotkeys! Throw in a hotkey for up Aging while you're in there messing about. ;)

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]345
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 65 posts