Strange connection failure issue

PseudoKnight

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:30 pm
Got a new Laptop - Windows 10

I get an error when I run network-diagnostics (Connection Failure)
Below are the full results

-> Port 16000 has been opened in my router (I've changed the IP address for the new laptop)
-> Voobly and AOC are added to the exception list in Windows Firewall
-> When I play games , I'm *NOT* FP
1. The ping range is 300-350ms, but the game really LAGS
2. Not sure if this is related. When I click start-game, I never see the "game is starting in 10secs", "game is starting in 5sec" prompts anymore

thanks for your help.
Pseudo.

Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: Connection failure
Network Health: Failure
Recommended Action: Turn off firewall, disable firewall, or uninstall firewall, port forwarding, if none of that works reinstall your operation system or try to directly connect to the internet without a router. The only port you need to forward is UDP port 16000 on Voobly you do NOT need the direct play ports 2300-2400 and 47624.
Details: Connections to one or all of the servers failed

For help understanding this report or for more information go to http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +arslan

Posted 18 September 2015 - 9:38 am
Hi PseudoKnight,

Voobly network Diagnostics Tool is broken and not working properly currently. The result you are getting may not be exactly true. If you have successfully forwarded Port UDP 16000 and you are not seeing others as FP in game room then most probably everything is OK from your side.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts