WoodChess (RM,defensive&selective gameplay)

joonas

Edited 12 December 2015 - 12:28 am by joonas
No stressing wars, Important to spend resources wise and built and research only selectively
Lots of wood at start. Few resources left once you are in post imperial age.
Play on fast speed only. Some "funny army" at start since most players are underchallenged in darkage, to make it more likely/tempting to forget about economy momentarily already in darkage.

1v1:
Saracens (rush) Teutons (defensive) (maybe Mongols(/Byzantines) for efficient Hussars(&Pikemen&Skirmishers) or spanish for super fast cannon ships?

Saracens is best for short games to sell food first - for 95 gold per 100 and even some wood to start imperial age siege earlier and harder - but you will run out of resources sooner and can't afford to lose your siege units as of inefficient farming.

So the longer the game gets the better Teutons will be because of most efficient farms (imperial age farms: 13,750 food / 1,000 wood) (*best besides hypothetically Aztecs Relics +33% always win longest games) - Mongols can make a hussar army efficiently (+30% hit points) while Teutons can only make scouts - yet with Teutons farms you could drive the Wood price up 230 and still make a little profit from selling the food again for 17 gold per 100, which wont work that far with any other civ. and make it harder for the others to buy wood)

Teams could be
Teutons + Mongols (Tribute will be sent for up to 1000 Hussars)
Saracens + Aztecs
Teutons + Aztecs
Teutons + Aztecs + Mongols + Chinese (Because of team bonus + 45 farms, then Teutons can even profitably drive the wood price up to 250)
Spanish cannons and so on.

Hints:
-Don't use mill's queue to renew farms before researching any farm efficiency; it saves wood.

Team Hints:
-Teutons can take over all the farming land of team mates. Once wood price rises they need to stop anyways. Teutons can pay >100.000 Food tributes and more if receiving wood tributes
-Consider to store all relics in one base

This is kind of the second episode after my first map:
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/232992
Attachments:
MAP010.jpg (file size: 2.24 MB)
8765-WoodChess 4players.scx (file size: 12.25 KB)
10000WoodChess8players.scx (file size: 24.33 KB)
4 player version.jpg (file size: 1.58 MB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 __WarpedBiotic_

Posted 5 December 2015 - 6:49 pm
Hey this is a nice scenario :) Innovative idea, and with some improvements Iยดm sure it will be even more fun! Good luck and thanks for contributing to the community.
Link | Reply | Quote
 joonas

Edited 5 December 2015 - 9:57 pm by joonas
thanks!:) now trebuchets are locked properly (cant be put into transport ship) and on the 4 Player map yellow and green gates are turned right and trade cogs and carts are disabled but everyone has one trade cog at start^^.

Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Posted 5 December 2015 - 9:30 pm
why you need trade units when map is 1v1?
Link | Reply | Quote
 joonas

Edited 7 December 2015 - 5:31 pm by joonas
yes:) that's about 4 Player version only (now specified(edited) my previous sentence as well). 21_fr0sthardr_ reminded me of both things when we tried the 4 player version.
Now i also added some tiles in the water in front of the bases,
to place trebuchets by transport ship that land units can't reach
- as well as more shallows pathes through the water to defend better
in case of [spanish] cannon galleons [which seem too powerful on many maps]
Link | Reply | Quote
 joonas

Edited 6 December 2015 - 7:15 am by joonas
First 2v2 game completed!
http://www.voobly.com/match/view/13385544/Match-Details
Worked as intended (besides everyone did several mistakes still): Me (blue, teutons) should have given [KKKK]willkommen food to make champions since aztecs can not research cheaper trading, while [KKKK]willkommen (red, aztecs) chould have stayed inside the base and not spend wood on as many as 5 barracks outside - and we could not have lost the trade cogs so easily. Team [CLB]TGFLordKYO and FuN_RacE (green and yellow, saracens and teutons) could have spammed even more hussars and use saracens war galleons maybe to stand ground where neither scouts not trebuchets would be able to reach to.

Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Edited 6 December 2015 - 11:22 am by 23RaidingParty
joonas wrote:
First 2v2 game completed!
http://www.voobly.com/match/view/13385544/Match-Details
Worked as intended (besides everyone did several mistakes still): Me (blue, teutons) should have given [KKKK]willkommen food to make champions since aztecs can not research cheaper trading, while [KKKK]willkommen (red, aztecs) chould have stayed inside the base and not spend wood on as many as 5 barracks outside - and we could not have lost the trade cogs so easily. Team [CLB]TGFLordKYO and FuN_RacE (green and yellow, saracens and teutons) could have spammed even more hussars and use saracens war galleons maybe to stand ground where neither scouts not trebuchets would be able to reach to.

match length: 02:15:51

that's too much. i think you either need to add re-spawning trees in player bases, or you can make the base defense less because it's too strong now. i personally prefer the 2nd option.

it's quite interesting to rely on 1 resource only to defeat enemy, makes u learn how to play efficiently

Link | Reply | Quote
 joonas

Edited 7 December 2015 - 2:32 am by joonas
also too much on fast?

Attachments:
8players.jpg (file size: 3.26 MB)
10000WoodChess8players-b.scx (file size: 25.57 KB)
10000WoodChess8players-c.scx (file size: 45.07 KB)
8player-b.jpg (file size: 3.29 MB)
8players-c.jpg (file size: 2.48 MB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Edited 6 December 2015 - 5:56 pm by 23RaidingParty
joonas wrote:
also too much on fast?

yes
Link | Reply | Quote
 joonas

Edited 7 December 2015 - 2:36 am by joonas
it can also be done after about 1:00:00 game time
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Edited 7 December 2015 - 1:35 pm by 23RaidingParty
joonas wrote:
it can also be done after about 1:00:00 game time

it can, but in general, if enemy plays defensive, it will take too much time
even 1 hour is long time for a custom scenario map
Link | Reply | Quote
 joonas

Posted 7 December 2015 - 5:25 pm
Games are rather in RM/DM lobby. In custom scenario lobby people said "that's not castle blood"
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Posted 7 December 2015 - 6:03 pm
joonas wrote:
Games are rather in RM/DM lobby. In custom scenario lobby people said "that's not castle blood"

it can work in both lobbies
cs lobby people only play cba for points
Link | Reply | Quote
 joonas

Edited 8 December 2015 - 9:49 pm by joonas
sure. i updated the 1v1 picture with reduced degree of fortification (=fewer of defensive buildings and trebuchets) and applied the same change to 2,4,8 Player versions.
2 And 4 player Versions also have less wood now. (All maps are still meant to be played on fast speed only.)

Link | Reply | Quote
 joonas

Edited 8 December 2015 - 9:51 pm by joonas
Drew this map now: http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/233356
similar and similar teams but generally closer to a standard RM game.
Anyone up to try a teamgame message/add me please up to any rating.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 15 posts