Showing one of my older maps: Choose Blood

_Blood_Kill_

Edited 25 May 2016 - 1:25 am by _Blood_Kill_
You must login into Voobly to view image

First of all: yes, I'm spanish, therefore this map is in spanish, but to be honest you don't need to know spanish to play it, it's pretty simple. If the map is liked on the community I'll probably translate it. Also excuse me for any possible grammar errors.

I already showed my Choose Blood a few years ago, but still I'll explain it for any newcomers:

Choose Blood is a standart blood with the difference in that you can actually choose what kind of units you want to use on it, archery, infantry or cavalry.

The biggest difference about all them three is the kill requirements to get the next unit. The Cavalry gets a new unit every 125 kills, the infantry gets it every 100 kills, and archery every only 75 kills (rookie recommended).

Now, you may be thinking that the archery has a advantage for getting their units faster, but that is not the case.

All paths of kills are balanced, except that there is a small advantage from each one to another.

Yes, that small advantage exits, but the thing that most matters is YOUR actual skills to win. In fact and of course, you can win with all 3 paths, just be aware of the small advantage.

The advantage is: Infantry > Cavalry > Archery > Infantry.

First king at 5 minutes, next ones every 9:30 (if I remember correctly). You can cast middle explosion, panic, and send explosion to enemy base.

Also if you don't know what path of units to choose, you can just give it to the game to select randomly. That's what the relic is for. It chooses one of them randomly.

Now, what is that small island with that p1's king in front of a Outpost, a Relic, and a Man at Armas/Scout/Crossbowman?

If you are wondering what that is, is just a place to give the host the ability to choose how is going to be the game. You can restrict the map to being only able to choose infantry, archery, cavalry, only random (relic) or free to choose the one you want (Outpost). Actually, if the host doesn't pick any of them after 30 seconds, the map will auto-pick free to all.

There is also a small area a between the p1 and p7's squares where you can see easily and quickly what kind of units every player has. Next to every palisade wall there will be a GAIA unit (Man-at-Arms, Crossbowman, Scout) showing exactly that thing, the path that player chose (of course, Man-at-Armas = Infantry, Crossbowman = Archery, Scout = Cavalry).

And now, I'll show you the kills from all three paths and razings:

ARCHERY

0- Crossbowman and Skimirsher
75- Arbalest
150- Cavalry Archer and Elite Skimirsher
225- Elite Chu Ko Nu
300- Elite Longbowman
375- Heavy Cavalry Archer
450- Elite Plumed Archer
525- Elite Mangudai
600- Elite Conquistador
675- Elite Janissary
750- Heavy Scorpion
825- Elite Mameluke (I highly suggest to not delete this, you can use it even against War Wagons and Tamerlane)
900- Elite War Wagon
1000- Robin Hood
1100- Tamerlane
1200- Harald Hardraade
1300- Subotai
1400- Genghis Khan

INFANTRY

0- Man at Arms and Eagle Warrior
100- Long Swordman
200- Elite Eagle Warrior and Spearman
300- Two-handed Swordman
400- Champion and Pikeman
500- Aethelfirth
600- Elite Jaguar Warrior, Halberdier, Spies and Huskarl (not elite)
700- Minamoto
800- Elite Teutonic Knight
900- Nobunaga
1000- La Hire
1100- El Cid
1200- Harald Hardraade
1300- Subotai
1400- Genghis Khan

CAVALRY

0- Scout (the cavalry start will be hard for people who doesn't know how to patrol, also remember that the scouts spawn on the not attacking button. sorry don't know the name in english)
125- Light Cavalry
250- Hussar
375- Knight and Camel
500- Cavalier
625- Roldan (I think that's his name) and Spies
750- Bertrand
875- Metz (again not sure for the name for these last two) and Heavy Camel
1000- Paladin
1100- Condestable Richemont
1200- Harald Hardraade
1300- Subotai
1400- Genghis Khan

RAZINGS

1- Bombard Tower in front of your base and 1 Saboteur
2- 2 Saboteurs
3- Furious the Monkey Boy
4- Spies and 3 Saboteurs
5- 2000 HP for your tower
6- Villager
7- Bombard Tower at middle and 1 COBRA car
8- Villager
9- +1 AP in base every 15 seconds
10- Villager 1000 HP

---

Here you can download it: [You must login to view link]

Maybe I will do more updates in the future, but for now, it's a very solid and balanced version.

Oh, I also have two more maps that I want you to show, but that will be on another post ~~~
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 7 January 2016 - 12:38 am
looks interesting
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_HAN

Posted 7 January 2016 - 12:56 am
like path in a diffrent angle
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 7 January 2016 - 9:47 pm
You should try and stay true to the path as long as possible. Instead of Subotai and Genghis Khan you can try and put in Charlemagne and Charles Martel. I am sure it will take some balancing, but that would be better. Instead of having Harald Hardraade for Archery units you could put in Siege Onagers or Bombard Cannons, since you already used Scorpions for the Archery path. And last, but not least, Cavalry should have El Cid Campeador, Alexander Nevski and Kushluk as the last 3 picks (in a balanced order of course).
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Blood_Kill_

Posted 7 January 2016 - 11:32 pm
You should try and stay true to the path as long as possible. Instead of Subotai and Genghis Khan you can try and put in Charlemagne and Charles Martel. I am sure it will take some balancing, but that would be better. Instead of having Harald Hardraade for Archery units you could put in Siege Onagers or Bombard Cannons, since you already used Scorpions for the Archery path. And last, but not least, Cavalry should have El Cid Campeador, Alexander Nevski and Kushluk as the last 3 picks (in a balanced order of course).

Yes, that would be great, but unfortunately there is no way to balance that, and even so, people would almost always go with the Harald/Genghis path, just because those are the units they are familiarized with.

Maybe I could add a special unit from every path after a certain amount of kills (after Genghis) with an already HP/AP bonus, like Charlemagne with +100 AP/1000 HP, archery could get Archer of the eyes +85/800 and cavalry Kushluk 300/2000...or something like that (using your units as example).

You could get those units to spawn at 2000 kills... or... I don't know. Doesn't seem like a great idea (and would be hard to balance).
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 8 January 2016 - 5:05 pm
Yes, that would be great, but unfortunately there is no way to balance that, and even so, people would almost always go with the Harald/Genghis path, just because those are the units they are familiarized with.

Maybe I could add a special unit from every path after a certain amount of kills (after Genghis) with an already HP/AP bonus, like Charlemagne with +100 AP/1000 HP, archery could get Archer of the eyes +85/800 and cavalry Kushluk 300/2000...or something like that (using your units as example).

You could get those units to spawn at 2000 kills... or... I don't know. Doesn't seem like a great idea (and would be hard to balance).

Worth a shot atleast. Your call though.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Blood_Kill_

Edited 3 April 2016 - 7:23 am by _Blood_Kill_
So, today I updated the map. The main change is the infantry's kills, I replaced a few units and removed/added a few ones.

Before was:

0- Man at Arms and Eagle Warrior (use it for early Archers)
100- Long Swordman
200- Two Handed Swordman and Spearman
300- Elite Eagle Warrior (DON'T DELETE IT! IT'S THE BEST INFANTRY UNTIL HEROS TO FIGHT ARCHERS AS INFANTRY)
500- Elite Woad Raider
600- Elite Jaguar Warrior and Spies and Halberdier (also don't delete it, you sure will need it against cavalry)
700- Elite Samurai
800- Elite Teuotonic Knight
900- Nobunaga
1000- El Cid
1100- Theodoric the Goth
1200- Harald Hardraade
1300- Subotai
1400- Genghis Khan

and now:

0- Man at Arms and Eagle Warrior (use it for early Archers)
100- Long Swordman
200- Elite Eagle Warrior and Spearman (don't delete the Elite Eagle Warrior, overall best unit for infantry to deal against archers until Huskarl/Heros)
300- Two Handed Swordman
500- Aethelfirth
600- Elite Jaguar Warrior and Spies and Halberdier (also don't delete it, you sure will need it against cavalry)
700- Elite Samurai and regular Huskarl (not elite)
800- Elite Teuotonic Knight
900- Nobunaga
1000- La Hire
1100- El Cid
1200- Harald Hardraade
1300- Subotai
1400- Genghis Khan

(Bold are the changes)

Also fixed some very minor bugs, like some units you get from razings stuck on flags and stuff.

Download it here: [You must login to view link] or from first post (updated link).
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Blood_Kill_

Edited 25 May 2016 - 1:27 am by _Blood_Kill_
New update v6:

- Bloodlines disabled. Made the cavalry too op even though it is only +20 HP.
- Razing 4 gives three saboteurs instead of two.
- You CAN'T no longer attack p1,p2,p3 and p4 tower from outside the base with units with 8 of range. This was a big problem that all my last versions had.
- Elite War Wagons in archery line changed to normal ones (not elite).
- Now there is a little more room where you choose units at start if host decides to only allow to choose 'random' (relic). Before it was a bit narrow and some **** could just leave his king there and stuck other kings (if this still happens an auto task will be enabled after a few minutes).
- Two VDMLs next to Kushluk down on the map show the immunity that the hero 'Bertrand' has (for some reason it is not weak to Spearman/Pikeman/Halberdier Camels/Mameluke even though is cavalry. Keep this in mind, if you use Halberdiers against Bertrand you are giving kills to that player).
- Another small change to infantry kills line, now being:

0- Man at Arms and Eagle Warrior
100- Long Swordman
200- Elite Eagle Warrior and Spearman
300- Two-handed Swordman
500- Aethelfirth
600- Elite Jaguar Warrior, Halberdier, Spies and Huskarl (not elite)
700- Minamoto (before was Elite Samurai here which was useless)
800- Elite Teutonic Knight
900- Nobunaga
1000- La Hire
1100- El Cid
1200- Harald Hardraade
1300- Subotai
1400- Genghis Khan

- Also, from infantry line (yes, again), Spearmans spawn with +5 HP (50 total), Pikemans with +45 HP (100 total) and Halberdiers with +60 HP (120 total). This is because even though those units are anti-cavalry, they still lost to them, and against other units were useless (except Conquistador, Mangudais, etc.)

- Some minor changes and bug fixes.

Download here: [You must login to view link] (or first post)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ Wf ]XploiT_

Edited 18 October 2016 - 4:00 am by [ Wf ]XploiT_
Ahh!! These are very good maps.

good job! ;afro ;afro

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts