FP problem

padris

Edited 9 January 2016 - 6:27 pm by padris
Hello,

I'm a new player and I have problems with FP. When I run the network diagnosis, everytime I end up with "connection failure" as the result.
First of all, I should admit that I'm not very experienced in IT, so I'm sorry if the following message will contain some misleading content.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional (64-bit version) and I'm connected to internet via a mobile wi-fi router (type: Huawei E5372). I set a port-forward for Voobly in the router settings (hope it's correct?):

You must login into Voobly to view image

I turned off my firewall and disabled my antivirus, but nothing changed in the network diagnosis.
I also tried to use uPnP (I allowed it in my router settings and enabled it in the Voobly client settings), but the problem still persists.

I install Voobly to my second computer (Windows 10), but the network diagnosis shows the same results. Therefore I presume that my problems are caused by my internet connection, not by my OS.

I will be glad for any help!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 9 January 2016 - 6:55 pm
Hi,

Your settings almost assigned Ok but the Protocol type should be only UDP not TCP/UDP combo.
Additional Tweaks: Disable UPnP -&- SIP ALG features on your Router and you're done!
You don't need to turn off your Windows Firewall & Antivirus program on your system. so please Turn on them back to default but on your Antivirus - try to add Exclusion file list for voobly.exe -&- age2_x1.exe files.

P.S. @Voobly's Network Diagnostic: Unfortunately, Tool is non functional (broken) at the moment, therefore the scan results returned by it is unreliable and inaccurate. so please ignore that.

Cheers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 padris

Edited 9 January 2016 - 7:45 pm by padris
Thank you for your answer. I was in the "Live Help" room with WaterStrider and we tried all possible router settings, but without any progress... the port checker (suggested by WaterStrider) says taht my ports are not open

We came to the conclusion that the problem can be caused by my antivirus (Symantec Endpoint Protection), which administers my firewall settings.
Even if I disable this antivirus, I can't access the Windows Firewall settings via the Control Panel (well, I can open Firewall menu in Control Panel, but can't change any setting, such as: "allow a program or feature through Windows Firewal", "Change Notification Settings", "Turn Windows Firewall on or off" or "Restore Default"... on the other hand, I can access "Advanced Settings"). WaterStrider suggested that I can try to uninstall the antivirus, but unfortunately at this moment I can't expose my PC to any risk.

However, it seems that I'm able to make exceptions in Firewall via my antivirus settings (or maybe also via Advenced settings in Windows Firewall?). The only problem is that I don't know how exactly I should set the exception for voobly.exe and age2_x1.exe
My antivirus's layout is in Czech (my native language) and I don't see any possibility how I could change it to English to provide you with some screenshots. Is there anyone familiar with this kind of antivirus who could provide me with some instruction?

Can the exception in Firewall/Antivirus for Voobly/AoE solve my problem even if now the port checker says the port 16000 is not open?
Link | Reply | Quote
 padris

Posted 10 January 2016 - 1:47 am
solved, thx Cavin
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 10 January 2016 - 6:18 am
Alright. :)

[ Thread Closed. ]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts