People turn FP after game launches

TheDentHead

Edited 19 January 2016 - 1:18 am by TheDentHead
Hello. I used to never have any FP issues until about two months ago, when my ISP came to change my router to make my phone line and internet service be together or something. Ever since then, I have experienced all kinds of problems. After the game launched, a maximum of two people would turn FP and the connection would restore shortly after and the game would continue, but it would happen over and over, which made the game unplayable. This, at first, didn't happen all day, it seemed to be only during some times of the day, but after a week or two, it became a constant problem that would not go away. At this point I contacted some mods for help (Gripen and WaterStrider I believe), and I portforwarded ports, tried disabling/uninstalling antiviruses and such, but UDP port 16000 still showed as closed. One day later, the problem became even worse, as most people would turn FP immediately after joining the room. I decided to do some investigation and found out that other people from my country were having problems with other online games, as our ISP changed us from NAT 2 to NAT3 - I also read that being NAT 3 doesn't allow you to open ports, which could be the reason that didn't work before. I verified that I indeed did have NAT 3 (by comparing the IP shown on my router and my public IP, they were different), so I called my ISP and asked to be changed back. For 5 days or so, everything seemed to work well and I could play TGs fine again, but yesterday the problem of people turning FP after game launches returned. I am still under NAT 2 and I have Port 16000 UDP port forwarded and the portforward tool shows it as open as well.

I looked through some older topics trying to find a solution and I found two or three people who had the same problem I am having, but none of them got it fixed. I have voobly and AoC as an exception on my antivirus as well.

Attachments:
ScreenShot008.png (file size: 89.2 KB)
ScreenShot009.png (file size: 84.01 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 20 January 2016 - 5:41 pm by kitt
hi
it looks as if the problem is still at the isp end, although the port shows as open. from what you write, you have covered the bases.
something that helped another player was this:
d/load this free trial app: [You must login to view link]
set it up like this: [You must login to view link]
select ping when you go in to a room, so it pings voobly at that rate. turn of all other apps. after the host launches to the civ screen, resume the room. see if it helps.

Edit:

Additional Tweak - Disable SIP <- under your NAT ALG Status.

If still you have Fast Proxy (FP) issues with few players, then use different NAT Port (i.e. 27000 UDP) - on both your router & client.
Attachments:
Disable SIP.png (file size: 120.13 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 TheDentHead

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:04 pm
I disabled SIP and downloaded that software. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or if it's helping, but it seems like whenever I have that ping program running, FP problem has gone away. It's hard to keep testing as it requires to be in a game, but for now it seems fine. I will keep you informed about how it goes for the next few days on this topic, thanks for the help :).
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 21 January 2016 - 2:25 am by kitt
hi
ok
as i said, resume the room and have it running. if it helps you now need to find why your seeing fp.
as far as your router firewall is concerned you shouldnt need to alter anything, its the pc one that counts.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts