Too far

[DR3AM]erehsievets

Edited 25 January 2016 - 5:54 am by [DR3AM]erehsievets
So, playing a game as hades, PATCH 1.03. Collecting shades to swarm into battle = automatic "Shade Glitch" and by this, i mean it auto resigned me, YES AUTO resigned.
I want to know what clueless kid made this patch and insisted that 8 shades is a "glitch" and DIDNT fix UW repair BUG. UW was never meant to be repaired, its a GOD power. :/

Attachments:
Recorded Game 3.rcx (file size: 182.69 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +BlackAdder_

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:59 pm
The patch doesn't touch the Shade issue at all, therefore it being the cause of your problem is highly unlikely. Please supply the recorded game to see what could be the real cause.

Underworld Passage repairability is a design decision by Ensemble Studios, your claim that "it was never meant to be repaired" is just your personal opinion, but the patch did significantly reduce the repair rate to make it more reasonable.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DR3AM]erehsievets

Edited 25 January 2016 - 5:54 am by [DR3AM]erehsievets
Uploaded a recorded game of it. It can be found on the first post i made above yours.

It was definitely played with Voobly Balance Patch 1.03. Check it out please.

im pretty sure UW wasnt meant to be repaired, how many times ive managed to keep it alive with full siege enemy firing onto it is unbelievable. (I was told to mention UW)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +BlackAdder_

Posted 30 January 2016 - 4:24 am
Okay, thanks, we'll have a look.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +BlackAdder_

Edited 20 February 2016 - 7:30 pm by +BlackAdder_
Hey,

So I investigated the rec and did some testing, and this seems like the Anti-Cheat falsely detecting the Shade Glitch because the Shades in your rec are able to stack onto each other at the gather point of your Temple near the moment when you were resigned, which is not normal game behaviour and this then triggers the Anti-Cheat when the number of Shades on one single spot is too great - this stacking upon each other happens when you place the gathering point at some very closed space where there is not much room for the units to stand besides each other, and it also happens when you put the gathering point onto some building.

To prevent any future false positives, make sure your Temple gathering point is set to some open space where this stacking of Shades cannot happen. We're sorry for this false positive, but we're sure the complete elimination of the abusive Shade Glitch that was plaguing the game before the Anti-Cheat measure was implemented is worth it.

EDIT: Found the cause for the stacking of units, edited into the post.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts