Help needed...cant download patch and mods

Saur0n

Edited 13 March 2016 - 8:43 am by Saur0n
I have been trying to contact with the technical staff through live chat but nobody seems to reply.
My issue is whenever I try and enter the lobby I get an error
Code:
Could not find game installation directory -- please join a lobby and run game diagnostics

My game diagnostic logs say everything is fine,
Code:
Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires ii' Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires ii\language_x1.dll' exists... Success! Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires ii\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists... Success! Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly' Game version is '1.0C-VLY' Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires ii\language_x1_p1.dll' exists... Success! Checking DirectPlay libraries... Looking for dpwsockx.dll... Looking for dplayx.dll... 'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 213504 bytes DirectPlay Init Success! Scanning installed DirectPlay games... Age of Empires II Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found] Game was found in DirectPlay registry! DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires ii' DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby' DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires ii\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe' Verifying file exists... Success! DirectPlay play thinks the language dll is at 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires ii\language_x1.dll' Verifying file exists... Success! Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe' Success! Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.

I just can't get the game started. I did clean install multiple times...tried different torrent versions and what not. Yeah and tried different browsers as mentioned in similar threads.
Just help me out guys....I'm trying to play aoc. I used to play on voobly an year ago...never had this problem back then.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:31 pm
hi
make sure you have all the latest w7 updates installed and your copy is genuine.
when you click to open a lobby a launcher box appears, click "browse" and find the game exe. direct voobly to it. click ok and try.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Saur0n

Posted 14 March 2016 - 6:41 am
kitt wrote:
hi
make sure you have all the latest w7 updates installed and your copy is genuine.
when you click to open a lobby a launcher box appears, click "browse" and find the game exe. direct voobly to it. click ok and try.

1. I have latest w7 updates and I do have a genuine windows copy.
2. I did browse through the exe file....did you not read I mentioned above that game diagnostic report says everything is fine. Otherwise you simply get game not found error.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Saur0n

Posted 14 March 2016 - 9:20 am
i can play at gameranger but not here...so what's the problem? Is it cloudflare or your cdn blocking me from accessing to your server?
Link | Reply | Quote
 facedlongbow

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:32 am
which is what your getting.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Saur0n

Posted 16 March 2016 - 8:27 am
it started working suddenly and I noticed it didn't ask me that cloudflare verify nonsense on website...so i think that was the issue.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 16 March 2016 - 2:48 pm
hi
was an isp problem

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts