Issues with fast proxies

[ViCiouS]_TheEmu_

Posted 17 March 2016 - 2:44 am
Here's what my network diag reads:

Test Result: Symmetric NAT
Network Health: Poor
Recommended Action: Port forwarding recommended or switch routers. The only port you need to forward is UDP port 16000 on Voobly you do NOT need the direct play ports 2300-2400 and 47624.
Details: Your router assigned different public ports to all the test servers this will make it hard for users to directly connect to you. You will likely see a large number of fast proxies.

For help understanding this report or for more information go to http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.

I live in an apartment where I have no access to the modem.

I've created a static IP and have forwarded the ports.

I was wondering if there might be another solution to fixing this problem.

Thank you for your time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]_TheEmu_

Posted 17 March 2016 - 4:02 pm
Bump
Link | Reply | Quote
 facedlongbow

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:41 am
hi
so you have a router, is what your connecting to a modem or a modem router or straight to the isp?
the isp assuming it is, can open ports for you. you can also try port mapping, as against port forward.
google your router and see how to do it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]_TheEmu_

Edited 18 March 2016 - 4:58 pm by [ViCiouS]_TheEmu_
Well my apartment runs on (from what i know) I on one modem every apartment has there own routers. I've done all I could think to for my router. I talked with technical support in the technical support lobby and was told it was a common issue with people living in dorms. I'm pretty pretty much to the point where I don't know what else I can do. I'm guessing the hierarchy is Router > Modem > ISP. I found out today that I have a ethernet connection to one of my walls. I haven't tried it yet and I assume that would be like plugging straight into a modem. When I use to play on zone and IGZone I didn't have a router and had no issues.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:12 pm
hi
talk to who ever you pay the bill to. port triggering may help.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts