Delayed hotkeys(input lag)

crevaaaaaan

Posted 31 March 2016 - 4:30 am
Hey,

I'm currently on Windows 8.1(had the same problem on Windows 10 and downgraded to W 8.1) and having an input lag issue even on single player. I used to be able to press B and press E immediately after to build a house but for the last 2-3 months I have to wait 1-2 seconds after pressing B to build a house. I have the original CDs if that makes any difference.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 31 March 2016 - 6:38 am
Hi Wondrous!

That is actually your mice polling rate (Hz) issue. Fix: you should try unplug your cable and plug back in another USB slot.

Hope this helps. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 crevaaaaaan

Edited 31 March 2016 - 7:04 am by crevaaaaaan
Hey Cavin,

Thanks for the reply but I don't think it is related to my mice (I'm using a laptop so I don't have an external keyboard). My problem is that after pressing B I have to wait a small fraction of second before I can press E, it's like if it has to take more time for it to realise that I have pressed a key.

Hope you can come up with a solution, thanks for your time :)

Edit: I tried changing the usb slots but it didn't work unfortunately.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 31 March 2016 - 5:23 pm
Okay Wondrous. Then your issue is pretty complicated, cause last time we dealt same issue for another user (Thread #237846) and we tried almost every possible things like clean re-install both game and voobly x2 times and so on... other random stuffs but his issue still continued. but nonetheless we literally sorted out as like I mentioned for you on my above post. anyways now back to yours - make sure to check your system applications program list and see if whether any unknown third party apps installed ect., and also check for available drivers updates and install them.
» Try the following workaround tweaks and see how it works.
Method 1:
- Set your system [You must login to view link] mode.
As sometimes your system drivers lack for more power energy to perform well. So here if it tends to get low then obviously they will don't work properly.

Method 2:
- Disable your internal GPU — DirectDraw Hardware Acceleration.
Try shift your workload processor from the GPU to the CPU completely. To do that [You must login to view link] -> DxTool.exe and open the tool as administrator (by right-clicking) then [You must login to view link] and reboot your laptop.
Note: Even after doing this, if you don't feel any differences, then you can easily reversible by checking again in the tool.

Method 3:
- Use our recommended Game-room settings.
Host/Join any Game-room on your lobby and set the exact settings as shown in the below image.

Method 4:
- Check for any malware malicious files.
[You must login to view link] -> Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and perform a Threat scan and check any detection found or not. If you found anything just delete them and reboot your laptop.

Method 5:
- Perform a Clean boot.
My last and final conclusion, Perform a [You must login to view link] and determine whether any other background software or services interacting/conflicting with your keyboard input lag on game or not.
Note: For to change back your clean boot state, just use the same procedure (msconfig > General Tab > Normal Startup > Apply & Ok > Restart).

Try all above methods one by one and see which works best for you. In case nothing works then contact your local vendor and ask their support because this issue is mostly your hardware related. so, worth consulting them once.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jimmy2Timez

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:51 pm
Hello, did you ever fix this issue? Because I have the same problems. making farms quickly is impossible.

Thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 IceFrog

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:42 am
Hello Jimmy, try to remove the battery first. and if the problem persist , try with Cavin's suggestions.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts