age of mythology doesnt start

[omg_hiii]IamSebi

Posted 5 April 2016 - 4:03 pm
hello i just bought a new laptop with windows 10, i installed aot and tried to start it but nothing happens, literally nothing

it's the orignial gold edition

please help fast
Link | Reply | Quote
 Fabby

Edited 5 April 2016 - 11:35 pm by Fabby
Hi
Apparently windows 10 doesnt support safedisc and it's why your original CD game is not working in Windows 10, more info:
[You must login to view link] but after speaking with you you say that with Voobly it starts but with a black screen this is because voobly changes your game files slightly to run without CDs.
you can try run the game in safe-mode and see if it solves the problem:
[You must login to view link]
You need to add the following line:
xres=640 +noSound +noIntroCinematics bpp=16 +window +lowend +terrainHalfDensity +lowPoly -waterbump skipMipMapLevels=1 graphicDetail=2 to your game .exe shortcut properties section.
To find out which .exe file that voobly is using you can find out what it is by running the Game Diagnostics tool in the game lobby that you are playing in , click on Options in the top left of the lobby and then select Game diagnostics.
Example to add the line i posted earlier :
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\aom.exe" xres=640 +noSound +noIntroCinematics bpp=16 +window +lowend +terrainHalfDensity +lowPoly -waterbump skipMipMapLevels=1 graphicDetail=2
this is added by right clicking the .exe file -properties -shortcut tab -Click the Target box, press END on keyboard , press SPACEBAR, and then type the parameter (in this case xres=640 +noSound +noIntroCinematics bpp=16 +window +lowend +terrainHalfDensity +lowPoly -waterbump skipMipMapLevels=1 graphicDetail=2 )
Once you add these parameters then launch the game via voobly in single player mode.
https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1032+How+to+start+Single+Player+Mode+through+Voobly
The game should start with lowered resolution and probably solve that black screen.
Apart from that run Windows update and make sure all updates are installed especially any updated Video card drivers.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Fabby

Posted 6 April 2016 - 12:11 am
The + and - signs should be removed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [omg_hiii]IamSebi

Posted 6 April 2016 - 12:37 am
yeah man it worked! when i erase all the + and - so it's: xres=640 noSound noIntroCinematics bpp=16 window lowend terrainHalfDensity lowPoly waterbump skipMipMapLevels=1 graphicDetail=2 to

much thanks to fabby who saved the day
Link | Reply | Quote
 Fabby

Posted 6 April 2016 - 9:09 pm
Very happy its working now for you ,that is what the tech team works for , to make voobly a great gaming experience without technical issues.
Happy Gaming and regards.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts