Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > Age of Empires > Age Of Empires Revisited Patch

Age Of Empires Revisited Patch

Spartan_Rising

Edited 30 May 2016 - 11:20 pm by Spartan_Rising
There has been an Open Source patch being developed at :
[You must login to view link] since 2013.

We need volunteers for the project. We need Volunteer testers and developers to give give feedback. The project is open source and completely free with no scope of developing into a commercial product.

We are testing the balance patches starting with v1.04. Once we have attained those balances we will move on to adding different features like HD capability.

[EDIT]
Announcing version 1.09 there maybe one additional patch adjustment after this one.
Civs are balanced now
LOS bug fixed
Units more balanced but still ongoing
Wood supply fixed for small islands map
Balanced resources better for slightly better RM games
All units fixed to counter as expected Cavalry counter Archers, Hoplite line counters Cavalry, Archers counter Melee Infantry.
All changes are moderate data tweaks to ensure fair, even and balanced game play.

Link | Reply | Quote
 Tuunbaq

Posted 6 April 2016 - 12:59 pm
You guys need to all team up and work on OpenAge. OpenAge is the future of AoC :).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 6 April 2016 - 1:40 pm

[You must login to view link]
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Spartan_Rising

Posted 6 May 2016 - 6:37 am
Thank you very much I left a reply to your comments on your video. [You must login to view link] there is also a scenario called City States here: [You must login to view link] for AOM HD.

I believe that the underlying political correctness of a game entitled "Empires" is very very bad nowdays. To maintain a degree of political support I would imagine the same RTS packaged as a City Defense or Inter City relations and dispute scenario is better suited. Using the word Empire in a game title is like swinging your **** out in an all female monastery.

With respect to Age Of Empires Revisited I have released 1.06 as a balance patch. Use it and let me know what you guys think.

Link | Reply | Quote
 Spartan_Rising

Posted 30 May 2016 - 3:14 pm
If we withdraw the development of HD graphics for AOE will you enable the Revisited patch to be downloaded and used as a user patch here?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts