Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > I'm trying to move to Voobly, but I can't find a solution to these pro

I'm trying to move to Voobly, but I can't find a solution to these pro

tagoth

Edited 27 April 2016 - 12:55 pm by tagoth
After converting my HD version to regular aoc, installing all patches and voobly, there are some things that are not working well (or at all), I can play alone and with others in voobly without dropping but I'd like to know how to fix these issues:
  1. Number voiced chat commands are not played in game (voobly client ones do). I have typed !nomute to no avail and made sure I have some volume in both sliders. The rest of the in game sounds seem ok.
  2. Multiplayer games lag significantly at the beginning of the game, but after some minutes the refresh rate suddenly becomes silk smooth.
  3. Sometimes my keys pressed in quick succession are ignored. I used the webapp (I can't remember the name right now) to be able to bind the same key for different commands based on whats selected. For instance with a villager selected if I q(economic buildings) and s(blacksmith) the game ignores the first q and just detects s(go to archery range), as you can imagine this messes me up quite a bit since I end up in a different part of the map with a building selected when I want to build something.
Additionally, there is one thing bothering me about the game that I wish I could mod to imitate HD, and it's the fog of war. HD fog of war smoothly fades between visible, explored and unexplored areas in a way that it's immediately evident if you are seeing the edge of the map or simply a large straight unexplored area without having to look at the minimap for the camera rectangle. I know it's not a big issue, but I have grown accustomed to have the game be clear at visibly communicating the fog of war and it breaks my tempo to double check what am I looking at.
Excuse me if any of these are common issues, I have tried to look for solutions on google, but it doesn't come up with relevant results.
Link | Reply | Quote
 tagoth

Posted 27 April 2016 - 1:09 pm
[TheJedi]Shark_Slayer who helped me in the Help Room chat linked me this thread that fixed issue #1
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/153809/:1141718#post1141718
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 27 April 2016 - 9:06 pm
Hola tagoth!

Welcome to Voobly%20Favicon.png Technical Support forums.
Glad, you fixed your game "Taunts" sound issue first. well let's move on and resolve your remain issues:

"Multiplayer games lag significantly at the beginning of the game."
- Usually, 2 or 3 secs delay is mostly common when you playing over online games 'cause as it required to load your game map i.e. triggers/data and as well as network related is another major fact, but though if you experience more delay for example one turtle 🐢 icon prob. appear on your score name in game, which means your system loading performance is slow. So generally to resolve this you need to clear the game cache temp files storage. To do that:
  1. Navigate to this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\savegame\multi
  2. Next, select all *.tmp files (except multi.txt) and hold Shift key and delete them and you're done!.

Additionally, I'd suggest you to use our recommended game room settings as shown in the image below:
Note: This should also correct and balance your fog of war screen in game. just in case not yet then go to start menu, search for "Display Color Calibration" and open and adjust your gamma brightness levels.
- For best result; while on your game screen window - minimize and adjust the levels. so you can get exactly what you're looking for.

"Sometimes my keys pressed in quick succession are ignored."
This one is very annoying issue for all Steam HD users on here. your key strokes doesn't work properly / simultaneously. anyway please refer my this post: #1142745. hope that might helps you in this.

Cheers! :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts