Delayed Hotkeys and issue with game not starting

YT_BontiiAoC

Posted 27 April 2016 - 5:47 pm
First i have a issue that if i press B then E without half a second in between often it doesnt recognise that i pressed E.

Ive seen a few threads about this topic and a few people saying its ok in HD but not in voobly and its the same for me, but i really want to start playing more on voobly so i have to get that fixed.

Then i have another minor problem, which is that the first time i want to start the game nothing appears at all and i have to press return to lobby and then join game for the game to start like normal and when i exit ( or when i wait for a few minutes ) the patch choosing window pops up and if i press anything there the game starts again and crashes, because theres nothing to join anymore.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Edited 27 April 2016 - 7:44 pm by Cavin
Hi YT_BontiiAoC!

Welcome to Voobly%20Favicon.png Technical Support forums.
Firstly, that keyboard input lag happens especially (only) for Steam HD users. I dunno exactly why but that's really very annoying case tbh. All I can suggest you now about this please check and test your keyboard keys on here: [You must login to view link] and look if any "Anti-Ghosting" are preventing. also another fact your keyboard poling rate (Hz) may be weak. so try plug your keyboard wire in another USB port and see.

Secondly, For your initial game not starting issue - you need to select Voobly > aoc gamedata executable file as administrator. To do that:
  1. Navigate and open this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\gamedata\aoc
  2. Now there you can see one file called age2_x1.exe (blue helmet): Right-click that and select Properties and move to Compatibility tab and under Privilege Level: check () Run as an administrator and press Apply and Ok.

Hope this helps, Cheers! :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 YT_BontiiAoC

Edited 27 April 2016 - 9:15 pm by YT_BontiiAoC
I have recently bought a Logitech G710+ is it possible that is the reason?
Before i had a really crappy cheap logitech, but i didnt had any problems...

Keys working fine everywhere else...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 27 April 2016 - 9:55 pm
Uh-huh... I suppose so 'cause as I mentioned above your gaming keyboard USB polling rate is another matter of fact. What you can try now; unplug and plug your keyboard wire in another USB ports and just give a test.
If you've got any additional software support for your gaming keyboard from Logitech then try to customize the settings also most importantly run that program "as administrator".
Final thing, are you using any anti-virus program? If yes! what is that?
Link | Reply | Quote
 YT_BontiiAoC

Posted 28 April 2016 - 1:45 pm
Im running Avast!
But i have knowledge of technical issues myself and it seems like the problem is basically with the game not being able to handle my keyboard, because everywhere else it works fine and guesses like antivirus or usb ports not gonna help here. I looked up my program but sadly there are no settings i can change ... except disabling mobile service for arx control... whatever that is...
I have set my mice signals per seconds to 125/s so i guess that shouldnt be it i can put it up to 1000/s but thats all not gonna help. I am really curious whats the issue with this.

I will try playing on voobly with another OS and reply if it works there!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 28 April 2016 - 2:01 pm
Okay.
Link | Reply | Quote
 YT_BontiiAoC

Edited 28 April 2016 - 4:12 pm by YT_BontiiAoC
Tried it on other operating system and exact same problem... so its the game not working with the keyboard after all...
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 29 April 2016 - 4:41 pm
hi
this is a programmable board. try setting up some macros and then see
Link | Reply | Quote
 MajorGump

Posted 1 May 2016 - 10:16 am
In the game room lobby, try Disable Hardware Acceleration. Dunno if it has anything to do with your problem but perhaps worth a try.
Link | Reply | Quote
 YT_BontiiAoC

Posted 2 May 2016 - 6:49 pm
Disabling Hardware Acceleration didnt workand what should i program into the buttons?
I am currently trying to argue with the seller to take the keyboard back... i lied so i get a refund but he just wants to swap the keyboard with a new one instead of giving me my money back...
Link | Reply | Quote
 YT_BontiiAoC

Posted 9 May 2016 - 4:19 pm
I am now buying a new keyboard just for AOE2 on voobly can u guys tell me one that is really good and works fine with voobly
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vicenterey3

Posted 25 May 2016 - 8:17 pm
Hi there,

Were you able to solve the problem YT_BontiiAoC? I'm facing the same issue. I've tried everything commented here but the problem is still there..

Hotkeys and keyboard work perfectly fine in HD, but in voobly 'Economic Buildings' --> 'House' (for example) requires a delay in between to work.

I'm sure is not about the keyboard polling rate or ghosting because it works fine everywhere else. It has to be something related to voobly files/configuration.

Any other solutions? Thanks in advance
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vicenterey3

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:36 pm
Don't buy another keyboard man. You're is fine. I just figuered out what was going on:

Lets say 'B' is assigned to 'Economic Buildings' and 'E' to 'House'.

In HD edition, the very moment you press 'B', the villager menu goes to Economic Buildings, (even if you hold B pressed)

In Voobly there's an important difference, you have to PRESS and RELEASE 'B' in order to reach the Economic Buildings Menu.

The thing is that when we type really fast, we press 'E' even without having released 'B', and that's no problem in HD, so we just get used to it. In voobly we can type just as fast, but we have to 'readapt' our typing habits in order to ensure that we release one key before hitting the next.

Hope this may help you and probably some other HD players :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Loolcooldeo

Posted 27 August 2016 - 2:04 pm
Same issue here. USB keyboard (have to try with a PS2 Keyboard), Win8.1 and with AoE2:HD. Had no problems before with any other game, RTS or not. It's no polling rate or ghosting issue.
In Voobly there's an important difference, you have to PRESS and RELEASE 'B' in order to reach the Economic Buildings Menu.
Can someone confirm if this is the real reason?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts