Network Connection Error [Code: 50000000]

StorminMormon

Posted 15 May 2016 - 4:05 am
Ive been on here for hours following everyones advice, I think I did everything but it first says it can't find the game then I get this error

Network Connection Error [Code: 50000000]. Connection errors are typically caused by a temporary server outage, a firewall, or a problem with your internet connection. If it's been a long time since you've connected to Voobly it's recommended that you redownload the client from the website.

I've updated my firewall, uninstalled and reinstalled, shutdown my computer, tried opining it via the webpage, made new rules...nothing is working
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Edited 15 May 2016 - 6:24 am by Cavin
Hi mate!

Welcome to Voobly%20Favicon.png Technical Support forums.
Your actual issue is that you need to locate your game program executable file (age2_x1.exe) with Voobly. so since here your not done yet... that's why it showing you the error 5xxxxxxx whenever so you try Host/Join any game rooms.

What you do now exactly - When you open your game lobby you will see one Game Diagnostic error message dialog box and asks you to browse and locate your game file. so from that Click Yes -> Browse... -> on the left pane select My Computer and navigate and open your Game Directory exact path location. and, that inside open age2_x1 folder and locate your game age2_x1.exe file (blue helmet) and you're done!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Caleb_111111

Edited 4 June 2016 - 7:37 pm by Caleb_111111
This is happening to me too and for some reason when I locate age2_x1.exe and select it, it still does not work I get the same error code.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 4 June 2016 - 7:45 pm
Hi,

Okay. From your game lobby at top "Options" -> run "Game Diagnostics..." and paste that log details here.

Make sure you selected your Game Directory -> age2_x1 folder inside file age2_x1.exe file.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Caleb_111111

Edited 4 June 2016 - 7:56 pm by Caleb_111111
Here are the log details.

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\userpatch'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\userpatch\language_x1.dll' exists...
Failure!

The file was not found at the location the registry said it should be. The registry keys need to either be fixed or the game needs to be moved to the proper location.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 4 June 2016 - 8:14 pm
Thanks! and that's the issue you have selected wrong file which is Voobly's gamedata patch file. so as I mentioned in before post you need to select your Game Directory -> age2_x1 folder inside file age2_x1.exe file.

So what you do now open your Voobly directory -> gamedata folder [ C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\gamedata] and there you can see one sub folder called "aoc" select that and hold shift and delete it and rejoin your game lobby. next, when you join the game lobby one Game detection error box will pop-up so from that click browse... and navigate to your game directory exact folder location through left pane list and locate that age2_x1.exe file.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Caleb_111111

Edited 4 June 2016 - 8:19 pm by Caleb_111111
Alright, that work just fined but when I restarted the program I got yet another error code saying "you must restart Voobly." I did this and it still brings up the same error code.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Edited 4 June 2016 - 8:38 pm by Cavin
Try restart your computer, If still same then just simply reinstall both your game and voobly.

Uninstall Game & Voobly and also delete both related directory folders. next, give a system restart and again first install your game+patch and voobly.

Edit: re-run game diagnostics scan and paste the log.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 6 June 2016 - 6:05 pm
You seems okay now. so yeah therefore closing this thread.

[ Thread Closed. ]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts