Problem in game diagnostic tool

IceFrog

Posted 9 June 2016 - 9:42 pm
Hello, i have the orginal game and the hd version, and when i installed voobly and when game diagnostic run , it always say me i need 1.0c for the age2hd , but i have the orginal game , but i dont know how to make voobly target the .exe file.
I tried to rename at this path c:/program files/microsoft games/age of empires11 as in the tipped thread and it didnt work.
Any solutions?
Btw, why there is no option to target the .exe file of game as all other programs :/
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 9 June 2016 - 11:21 pm
hi
if you have the steam version, then install this patch to play here. thats all you need do.
[You must login to view link]
to pick an exe follow the pic and click choose.
[You must login to view link]#
Link | Reply | Quote
 IceFrog

Posted 10 June 2016 - 1:31 am
I want to make voobly choose the orginal game rather than advising me on the age2hd.
can u explain the picture?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 10 June 2016 - 2:24 am
Hi IceFrog,

First, I remember that you were our former Tech Support. so yeah how are you doing? :)

About your issue: Short & simple method just rename your Steam HD game folder i.e. Age2HD_ and rejoin your game lobby and then one game detection error dialogue box will pop-up (as since your HD game directory path name is changed). so from that click Yes -> Browse... and locate your Classic game directory file location (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires 11\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe). and, once it's done then later again you can just rename your Steam HD game directory folder back to it's default old name i.e Age2HD.

Cheers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 IceFrog

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:53 am
Thanks, done.
Yes Cavin, i were in the team, and left it for study.
I miss you All btw :).
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:42 pm
Alright mate. Take care! ;good

[ Thread Closed. ]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts