Play offline patch in windowed mode?

[USA]Tocaraca

Posted 6 July 2016 - 8:49 pm
The standard UserPatch v1.4 starts in windowed mode if you install it having enabled the windowed mode support option, but how will I get the offline session to start in windowed mode? Fullscreen mode is annoying when I can just have windowed mode with the screen size at my monitor resolution size.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 6 July 2016 - 9:21 pm
Welcome to Voobly%20Favicon.png Technical Support forums, Tocaraca!

Simple, just change your offline UserPatch 1.4 game resolution (in options) and you can play in windowed mode. as if you set to max resolution then it will look like a full screen game but in your case just select any lower size and it will work as window-mode.

Cheers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [USA]Tocaraca

Posted 15 July 2016 - 8:04 pm
Cavin wrote:
Welcome to Voobly%20Favicon.png Technical Support forums, Tocaraca!

Simple, just change your offline UserPatch 1.4 game resolution (in options) and you can play in windowed mode. as if you set to max resolution then it will look like a full screen game but in your case just select any lower size and it will work as window-mode.

Cheers!
I think you misunderstood. I do want the screen to be the max resolution, so it looks like a full screen game, I just want it to technically be in windowed mode. When I select 1.4 RC for the offline patch session, it always opens in fullscreen mode. When I select 1.3 it opens in windowed mode, which is what I want (and when I play a game, the screen size is the size of my desktop so it looks like it is in fullscreen mode but it technically isn't). I can open a multiplayer game in windowed mode because there is an option in the game room in the DirectX options tab.
The original UserPatch 1.4 can be installed with or without Windowed mode support (there's a checkbox for it, which I ticked), and the Voobly 1.4 RC offline session seems to not have it, while 1.3 does, and multiplayer games do if you tick Render in 32-bit color and Start in Window-Mode.
I want use the Voobly patch because it doesn't require the CD, but I want to use the original UserPatch because I can start in in Window-Mode.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 15 July 2016 - 8:57 pm
I see. Download 1.0e patch and install it, which works as NO-CD required patch. so therefore you can just use the original UserPatch 1.4 without having your game discs. and yeah you can play in windowed mode just like online Voobly patch.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [USA]Tocaraca

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:01 am
Cavin wrote:
I see. Download 1.0e patch and install it, which works as NO-CD required patch. so therefore you can just use the original UserPatch 1.4 without having your game discs. and yeah you can play in windowed mode just like online Voobly patch.
Cool! Does it have the features that 1.4 RC has?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [USA]Tocaraca

Posted 16 July 2016 - 1:14 am
Cavin wrote:
I got it. It didn't start in windowed mode...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 17 July 2016 - 5:46 pm
Hey you understand this, AoC: 1.0e patch just works as NO-CD.exe and also version changer (1.0c) so obviously you will don't have any 1.4 patch core features.
To workaround for your windowed mode, do this exactly-
First, uninstall the Userpatch 1.4 and again reinstall it as follows: Download and extract SetupAoC.exe file in your main [You must login to view link] and run the file as administrator (right-click) and select the [You must login to view link] and after that make sure to hold Ctrl+Alt key and click Install.
Finally, now you will have a separate userpatch (age2_x1.4.exe) file inside age2_x1 subfolder. so just run it and play as you wanted.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [USA]Tocaraca

Posted 9 February 2017 - 1:23 am
Cavin wrote:
Hey you understand this, AoC: 1.0e patch just works as NO-CD.exe and also version changer (1.0c) so obviously you will don't have any 1.4 patch core features.
To workaround for your windowed mode, do this exactly-
First, uninstall the Userpatch 1.4 and again reinstall it as follows: Download and extract SetupAoC.exe file in your main [You must login to view link] and run the file as administrator (right-click) and select the [You must login to view link] and after that make sure to hold Ctrl+Alt key and click Install.
Finally, now you will have a separate userpatch (age2_x1.4.exe) file inside age2_x1 subfolder. so just run it and play as you wanted.
Yes, this works. Thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 10 February 2017 - 8:42 am
Okay. Have fun!

[ Thread Closed. ]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts