Game Disconnect Results in Loss?

Mr_Bump

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:05 am
Hi all,

I am really new to Voobly and I hope this is the right place to post. I just played my second game on Voobly and unfortunately the multiplayer status screen came up and I selected continue game and it said the other player resigned and I won the game however I went to my profile to have a look at the game statistics yet it said I lost.

I do not really care about rating just confused as to how I lost the game despite being clearly ahead and the other player either disconnection or rage quitting ;3confused

My second question is how can I review the game recording to see what happened?

Sorry for the noobish questions I am really new to voobly.

Regards,

Geoffrey

PS - I think this is a link to the game http://www.voobly.com/match/view/14445764
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 17 August 2016 - 5:51 pm
hi
you can download the rec from the match link and put it in "save game" in the AOC folder or if you start the game in single player on voobly or off of voobly, you play or find the match rec in single player, saved/recorded games. start the game from the blue helmet icon for AOC if off voobly.
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Mr_Bump

Posted 18 August 2016 - 3:36 pm
Hi Kitt,

Thank you I will do exactly that. I would like to find out what happened during our game!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 19 August 2016 - 3:17 pm by +sunny@voobly
Hi,

From the surface investigation it appears as if you dropped (not your opponent). Do note that when your connection drops, the in-game vote screen will trick you to believe that the other players have dropped instead.

If you do not care about the points (as you mentioned in your first response), then you should accept this solution and move on. On the contrary if you do care about your lost points and would like to request the game to be reset, then you will need to escalate this issue to a game moderator in the NPL complaints section. An NPL game mod will then review the game and let you know if it does qualify for a reset.

Hope this helps.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts