BSOD after( i think) drop

[Fr']Wolf_silver

Posted 31 October 2016 - 7:06 pm
Hi,

In this match:
http://www.voobly.com/match/view/14756078

at about 1hours in gametime, game for me freezing and after 1 minute i got BSOD (Bad pool caller) with sound inaudible in background typic of crash...

i have also remarqued that on this math only recording of my opponent can be downloaded and mine is unreadable

I just want to know if same or similar issue was already reported and how to fix it if yes

i am on Win10 so if this a problem from this buggy OS sorry

PS: not sure where post this topic because i don't know if it's more game/client or OS problem so sorry if i have post in wrong place :/
Attachments:
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 31 October 2016 - 7:25 pm
BSOD is a fatal error that your system has no clue how to handle and therefore results in a crash. While BSOD can be caused by a variety of reasons including application errors, memory issues, driver problem or even a hardware issue. Since it's a critical system error that your system has no clue how to handle, the only way out is to reboot your system.

But your next logical step should be to figure out what caused the problem. You can find this info from the minidump file that is created every time your system crashes.

The resolution steps would depend on the actual problem. Example: If its a hardware issue, replace the faulty hardware. If it's a driver issue, update the drivers etc.

Since this is a system issue, I would recommend that you contact your computer manufacturer or service centre for an authorised personnel to help you with it.

If the above is not possible (or atleast not without a hefty fee), then you could try some simple but effective steps as outlined below:

1. If this was the first time it happened, try to get rid of any recent untrusted apps that you may have downloaded.
2. Run a full system scan for viruses and malwares using a reputed security app. I would recommend malwarebytes along with Kaspersky (but you could use your preferred alternatives)
3. One of the easiest way to fix common problems could be a system restore (back to a date when your system was working fine)

Please keep in mind that you must not ignore BSOD errors as repeated crashes can only make matters worse.

Good luck.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Fr']Wolf_silver

Posted 31 October 2016 - 7:52 pm
ok thanks for answer i actually run malrawebytes + adwcleaner ...etc and try to fix it because it's my first time on this laptop that BSOD appears plus drivers is up to date
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 31 October 2016 - 10:29 pm by +sunny@voobly
That will do but I would also advise that you review the minidump file as that file will tell you what caused your system to crash. Your dump file/files should be located in c:\windows\minidumps

EDIT:

To add to the above, if nothing works (worst case) and you are sure its not a hardware issue, a system restore works as a very good solution in almost all cases. But use it at your own risk if you have to. Though the action is reversible, I would say you should still use it only as your last resort.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts