Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Client and Website related Problems and Questions > Downloading Voobly Mods Causes Voobly Path to Glitch when Installing

Downloading Voobly Mods Causes Voobly Path to Glitch when Installing

sheepskin

Edited 2 November 2016 - 2:14 pm by sheepskin
So before i start i have reinstalled Age of Empires HD and Voobly Twice Today to try and fix this issue both with clean installs and now i have no idea anymore so i am posting this thread to get some help.
My computer is brand new with a new windows 7 OS with the drives local disk (C) and an added SSD Drive called Local Disk (E)

I have installed AOE HD to Local C
You must login into Voobly to view image

Downloaded Voobly to Local C under program files as screen shot persists

I Installed the required patches for HD so Voobly can run it fine and it runs fine, but with no mods because of the issue.
When i click to download a mod i am given a prompt with the following which tells me to open with application Voobly but regardless which prompt i choose it keeps trying to reconnect.

I tried clicking the given Voobly prompt but that doesn't seem to work giving me the following result.

So i then tried again clicking and finding the voobly path under Local C then clicking Voobly.exe which results in the same thing *Trying to Reconnect to the Servers*
So then i tried renaming the file path all together and that didn't work as well.

I have checked the game diagnostic and it is fine which this is it here
Quote:
Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 213504 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.

Please try and help me get this sorted or if someone could give me the manually files for each of the mod and ill be happy to place it in the direct path to try n bypass this issue all together.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 2 November 2016 - 3:09 pm
Hi, Welcome to Voobly%20Favicon.png Tech-Support forums!

Try change your DNS to public one i.e 8.8.8.8 | 8.8.4.4 ([You must login to view link]) and also after changing, flush your old DNS cache by opening CMD (as administrator) >> type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit [Enter] key and restart your PC and try download your mods.

If still same then as you requested do this alternate method: Download and extract the content folder (Voobly Mods) in your main game directory (by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD) and restart Voobly.

Cheers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 sheepskin

Edited 2 November 2016 - 3:21 pm by sheepskin
Cavin wrote:
Hi, Welcome to Voobly%20Favicon.png Tech-Support forums!

Try change your DNS to public one i.e 8.8.8.8 | 8.8.4.4 ([You must login to view link]) and also after changing, flush your old DNS cache by opening CMD (as administrator) >> type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit [Enter] key and restart your PC and try download your mods.

If still same then as you requested do this alternate method: Download and extract the content folder (Voobly Mods) in your main game directory (by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD) and restart Voobly.

Cheers!

Couldn't find to the way to change my dns settings through my network adapters but i ended up downloading your mods and manually placing them into my files. Can i trouble you for this mod as well @Cavin http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/457/Light-Grid-Terrains Since yours didn't have them lol sorry to be picky just helps with walls etc.

Also do you know how to stop Mozilla from prompting me to use the default Voobly Applications on Default. When trying to download a Mod etc?

So i can manually just download the file without opening the voobly application and just drop n drag etc to the right file path?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 2 November 2016 - 4:42 pm
sheepskin wrote:
Can i trouble you for this mod as well @Cavin http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/457/Light-Grid-Terrains Since yours didn't have them lol sorry to be picky just helps with walls etc.
Okay. but I'd just suggest you to use this Advanced Grid mod - Which is much more better compare to the one you asked lol. anyway you can download the mod from HERE and extract the content folder in this location: by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\Voobly Mods\AOC\Local Mods.
sheepskin wrote:
Also do you know how to stop Mozilla from prompting me to use the default Voobly Applications on Default. When trying to download a Mod etc?

So i can manually just download the file without opening the voobly application and just drop n drag etc to the right file path?

Unfortunately, you cannot directly download any mod files without using Voobly client engine. but though you can disable the starting pop-up message (whenever that you press download now):
Open options > Applications: Type "Voobly" in the top search box and then set use Voobly (default).

Also remember if you don't wanna use Mozila / Chrome as default to download Voobly mods then just use your Internet Explorer and open the mod page and download or just set it as default browser so if you join any game room new mods will be downloaded through your IE.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts