aomt crashing on startup

chinxdrugz

Posted 26 November 2016 - 1:36 am
was all good playing last night as usual woke up today game was frozen and screen kept flashing. hard reset computer went to go launch and it went through cinematics displayed AOMT boot loader again the one with kronos face on it and then screen goes black and mouse icon turns into a loading and it just keeps loading. frustrating tried deleting vanialla and doing fresh install repatched tried launching with xres=1280 yres=980 or whatever my native resolution is cant remember off hand so aggravated. I think it has something to do with my screen resolution glitching out display drivers are up to date though. its currently launching in 600 by 800 I think there is a compatibility issue.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 26 November 2016 - 6:29 am
Hi, Welcome to faviconforum.png Tech-Support forums!

-> Try run your game in "Safe Video Mode" and set your game resolution to "1600x1200x32".

Go to the 7nyu00p5cdj5t302bgrz2jf7cjw95gpbStart menu > Microsoft Games > AoM-T > Diagnostics: select AoM-T-SafeVideo.exe and run the game.

If you can not find that, then do this:
  1. Right-click on the aomt.exe desktop icon, click Properties, and then click Shortcut tab.
  2. In the Target box, press END key and press the SPACEBAR, and copy & paste this Command Line parameter:
    Code:
    xres=640 +noSound +noIntroCinematics bpp=16 +window +lowend +terrainHalfDensity +lowPoly -waterbump skipMipMapLevels=1 graphicDetail=2
  3. Finally, click Apply and then OK.

Cheers! pzoe4upfob5gm9k48efv59m98czk845v

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts