HD compatibility patch

[GB_ ]ChiefChing

Posted 9 December 2016 - 2:20 am
Hi, I've been playing HD and I am now trying to switch to voobly. I've downloaded voobly and the HD compatibility patch. I can get into to lobby room but when try to play the count down starts and it says the game has started but nothing happens for about 30 seconds then it comes up with a very old menu of the game (even with the zone icon at the bottom). I've tried playing single player which sort of works although its incredibly zoomed in.

I've had trouble downloading the compatibility patch before and had to delete it and reinstall it. Not sure how this could have made any difference but I'm not particularly computer savvy so I may have messed something up along the way.

I realise this is not much to go on but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 9 December 2016 - 6:24 pm by +eric@voobly
Yes the HD version will be converted into the original game, that is what the patch does and the reason why you are seeing the zone icon.
Use the following settings for your game room.

You can launch the game as if you were playing online, but with the exception of adding an AI.
In game: Press F10 - Click on Settings and change your resolution settings to your desktops native resolution.
That way it won't be "Zoomed in" as you describe it.

Hopefully it helped, if you have any questions let me know!

PS. Useful mod: Small-Trees! (Download, rehost your game room!) :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts