Strange fast proxy

imNikov

Posted 21 December 2016 - 3:48 am
Hello, i'm having problems to run the game without fp.

The problem is: my isp blocked all the unusual ports. 16000, which is the default, 5000 for upnp and i think all of them except for the common ones (53, 80, 443, etc). So if i open them in my router it doesn't work.

So i found a solution (i think). When i run the Network diagnostics AND my default port (which should be 16000, but i changed it) it's the same as the received data it works fine.
Quote:
Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 27996. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 2' through port 27996 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 1' through port 27996 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 27996 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Resultado del Test: All Pass
Estado de la Red: All tests passed
Acción Recomendada: None
Detalles: All tests passed.

Para ayuda entendiendo este reporte o para mayor información ve a http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.

but when the port doesn't match i have fp
Quote:

Your local network port (UDP) is 27996. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 1' through port 28012 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 28012 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 28012 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Resultado del Test: Not Forwarded
Estado de la Red: Warnings found but probably OK
Acción Recomendada: if you experience networking problems such fast proxy then port forwarding is recommended. The only port you need to forward is UDP port 27996 on Voobly you do NOT need the direct play ports 2300-2400 and 47624.
Detalles: You were able to receive traffic on the same port from all the servers, however, you were not able to receive data on the port configured in the Voobly client settings. It is recommended you forward this port in your router to the PC you use to play.

Para ayuda entendiendo este reporte o para mayor información ve a http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.

so my question is: is there any way to make a default server port? if not, the only way to not have fp is to call my isp and beg to them to open the port 16000? thanks in advance, sorry for bad englisherino
Link | Reply | Quote
 Fabby

Edited 21 December 2016 - 10:50 am by Fabby
Hi,
You can try set udp 27000 on the routers port forwarding page and test it, make sure you remove all other ports you created for voobly and only keep 27000.
Please upload a screenshot of the routers port forward page for us to look at.
how do you know your isp is blocking the port?
If your ISP is blocking that port then you should just phone them and ask them , most isp will open the port for you ,we have had many players with similar issue and phoning their isp, so don't worry about it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 imNikov

Posted 21 December 2016 - 8:57 pm
I know that they closed all the ports because i live in a small town, so the isp is very 'local'. I changed the port to 27000, but still it refuses to work. I contacted the isp so i hope that they will open the port 16000.
Quote:

Your local network port (UDP) is 27000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Received data from 'server 2' through port 28024 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 28024 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 1' through port 28024 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Resultado del Test: Not Forwarded
Estado de la Red: Warnings found but probably OK
Acción Recomendada: if you experience networking problems such fast proxy then port forwarding is recommended. The only port you need to forward is UDP port 27000 on Voobly you do NOT need the direct play ports 2300-2400 and 47624.
Detalles: You were able to receive traffic on the same port from all the servers, however, you were not able to receive data on the port configured in the Voobly client settings. It is recommended you forward this port in your router to the PC you use to play.

Attachments:
port.png (file size: 70.16 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:45 pm
hi
there is no reason for those ports to be blocked by your isp.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts