Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Age Of Empires 2: The Conquerors --- Replay watching crash

Age Of Empires 2: The Conquerors --- Replay watching crash

Kanguste

Edited 9 February 2017 - 12:22 am by Kanguste
When I want to watch a replay of a game using Voobly, the game just crashes instantly on launch. Whenever I try to do it without Voobly, it crashes right when I click on the OK button after choosing a replay I want to watch. Have tried it with many replays now and I just can't get it working. It's not only with the replays I have downloaded, it is also happening with all the replays of the games I have recorded myself :D
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 9 February 2017 - 12:33 am
When you are watching a recording for a game that was played on Voobly you must ensure that you use the exact same patch and mods (if any) that was used while playing that game.

So in this case, a game that you played using 'X-Patch with Allied Vision' mod on '1.4RC' patch must be replayed using the exact same combination (patch + mod).
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kanguste

Edited 9 February 2017 - 1:12 am by Kanguste
Yeah. I know that. I always choose the right mod. Have also tried to watch the replay with different mods or without mod at all. Still crashes. And the patch is 1.4
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 9 February 2017 - 11:45 am
1.4 is not the same as 1.4RC. Voobly uses 1.4RC by default.

Please provide the link to the match you are trying to view the replay off (one that you are having trouble with).
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kanguste

Posted 9 February 2017 - 3:48 pm
I got it to work somehow. Had to use the new X-Patch. But the games I was trying to watch weren't played with the X-Patch. Why doesn't it work without it? I have like over 20 different replays. You can take any replay from Voobly xD
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 9 February 2017 - 6:05 pm by +sunny@voobly
If it works with X-patch I can assure you the game was played using that patch. Like I mentioned in my first post, the replay will only work when the exact same patch and mod (if any) are used, that was originally used while playing the game.

For other games that you are having trouble with, double check the patch and/or mod used in the game. If you are still having trouble, I would require a sample match link. Give me a proper link to a game that was played on Voobly, that does not work the way I mentioned.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kanguste

Posted 9 February 2017 - 6:46 pm
Yeah. But the game that I played without voobly in aoc in singleplayer. It doesn't work without the x-patch but was played without it. Cause the x-patch is only if you play through Voobly, right? Or does Voobly install it directly to the game?
Link | Reply | Quote
 __87_KeepeR_Arg

Posted 17 May 2017 - 8:37 am
Did you solve the problem? I have the same problem as you, and I am still stuck on it
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 17 May 2017 - 2:32 pm by kitt
Quote:
+Dedpool
try disabling spectator overlay , see if it works
you can use "the spectator overlay version 1" http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/795/Spectator-Overlay-1 untill those crashes are fixed
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['HD]LaserDisc_

Posted 18 May 2017 - 6:56 pm
Yeah , Had the same problem , I fixed the problem with disabling the spectator overlay 2 , as DedPool Told me to do so and its working very fine now :)
Install the spectator Overlay 1..
Kitt already Posted that but just thought let me post the experiance with you :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts